• Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Want more flight time?

Modified DJI P3 battery w/ dual XT60 connectors
(2) Hyperion G6 LIHV 4S 1800mah batteries
(2) Hyperion G6 LIHV 4S 2400mah batteries
(2) Battery wings for P3

Everything is practically new. DJI battery only has 2 charges!

$200 shipped to the lower 48

469c5a75294f42410076a43f05f78688.jpg

dff95d01b49ef00391a3ce7828bb26a7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How are these mounted? Can you show it?
How much flight time do you get?
How are they charged?
Details please....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Also, how does this mod affect the "intelligent" functions of the battery and how the P3 reads it?

The battery wings mount very easily. Take the screws out of your landing gear, put the battery wings between the landing gear and aircraft and tighten the screws. The batteries attach by strong velcro. The DJI battery is not affected at all and still works as it is designed to. These external batteries just add more to the tank. I was getting 32+ minutes of flight time with this setup.

The battery screen in go you show says Total Capacity of 4253- I assume that's the bare OEM battery. Does this change when you plug in the extras? What does it go to?
Does Go see and reflect that extra capacity so you can monitor it as you fly?

That is just the bare DJI battery. The GO app does not add the extra capacity of the externals in the app. The DJI Go app is set to always count down a 25:00 minute flight time across the top of the app. With the externals hooked up you will notice that the timer will not start counting down from 25:00 until the 3 batteries drain down to that capacity. The other benefit of the external batteries is if the main DJI battery fails during flight, the drone will continue to run off of the external batteries. It is like a fail safe.

Nice. Have to think about it. Not sure if I want to put that much money into a 3 when I may be upgrading to the 5 when it comes. But it's nice...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20