Solar Powered Recharge??

Reaction score
I've been think about this for sometime now.

I am a Certified Ethical Hacker, so I do penetration tests on customers systems. my thought is to lauch a modem/battery for modem and a camera on a drone and fly it to the top of a building (smaller ones) and hack into the system. Because this takes some time, my question is could i mount a smaller solar panel on top of the Phantom and have in charging while my modem does its hacking. the modem battery life is 72 hours so i'm not worried about time. I kinda of wanting to know what kind time frame for a recharge using a 10 watt or even a 6 watt solar panel.

Thanks

dirkclod said:
Hmmmm [ Certified Ethical Hacker ] Never heard that one before :? Is that sorta like being a Certified Ethical Carjacker ?
these are security digital infrastructure analysts and they are highly paid!

dirkclod said:
Hmmmm [ Certified Ethical Hacker ] Never heard that one before :? Is that sorta like being a Certified Ethical Carjacker ?
And far to good at what they do ;) I'm glad the ones I've met are on the white hat side.

Solar isn't gonna get you any increase in hover time though. Simply not powerful enough yet.

Before you waste your time and money on this project, you have a max weight problem. Depending on which quad you get, you can't safely exceed the max weight limits. This includes the quad itself, solar panels and the power converter box. Ex. an FC40 has a limit of about 1100 grams. You can exceed this limit but there is a possibility of equipment damage after prolonged use.

Can you not build a rig that you can leave on the roof and fly away- pick it up when ready.

"J" hook on the bird and an inverted "V" shape on the modem rig. Fly in a and collect it - should be not too bad with FPV.

Paula

My balance charger only goes as high as 3 amps and does the job in a little over an hour.

jerrymac12000, you might want to look at this page on the FC40 ;)
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-fc40/spec
Max weight <1200 grams

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj