Software update

Reaction score
Can I just confirm that with the F2V with everything turned on ie phantom, controller, and wifi that everything updates through the phantom assistant software, I see talk about taking the controller apart to use the micro USB Port to update it. O though that was specifically for the older controllers.
Can anyone help

smatty2023 said:
Can I just confirm that with the F2V with everything turned on ie phantom, controller, and wifi that everything updates through the phantom assistant software, I see talk about taking the controller apart to use the micro USB Port to update it. O though that was specifically for the older controllers.
Can anyone help

If you have had the latest Receiver firmware from out of the box (v1.0.1.3) and have never been asked to update the receiver firmware by the Assistant then you will also have the latest (and only) TX firmware update as they were a matched pair and released on November 5th.

Ok that's great thanks, but as and when they do release controller updates do I have to take the controller apart and plug in the micro USB or with everything turned on and the phantom plugged into the computer via the USB cable will it update automatically?

If they ever release another tx firmware update (in my opinion it's unlikely - it's a dumb transmitter and the only firmware update so far was to improve range when using the lower power CE mode. FCC is already at max strength and there's little else to change) then yes, you would need to open it up and plug into the computer using the RC Assistant. Tx firmware can't be done via the aircraft.

What you can do via the aircraft is a standard tx calibration (because actually it's the aircraft that "calibrates" the zero position of the tx sticks by telling the receiver what value on the sticks it should read as actually zero). There might come a time when you can't calibrate it successfully via the aircraft, in which case you could open up the tx and plug in to the RC Assistant and do a tx hardware calibration. I haven't seen many reports of people needing to do this at all, though. I've had mine since 1st November and I've only calibrated the sticks via the aircraft's Vision Assistant after each firmware update (as recommended by DJI) and have never had need to do a tx stick calibration by plugging it in.

Some people have decided to mod their tx by adding a short usb adapter and either letting it dangle from the tx case, or cutting a slot in the case and fitting it flush. That's certainly an option if you are concerned about it.

Thanks again pull_up no I just want to make sure that I am doing to right, and not thinking that I have done all the updates when in fact I haven't because I didn't have it connected properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj