software update

funny you mention that ,last year i had an iphone ,this year i have a s7 edge ,i got that same prompt ,"no sd card" i just ignored it and went back to camera view as i knew there was a sd card in it . it recorded .

ps- let me clarify , i did not get the no sd card during the update . i noticed it at the time i went flying and looked on my phone .

That is weird. Here's an update to the update attempt. I went out flew and took some pics. When done I viewed the pics. They were all there. I didn't format it. I inspected the card, reinserted it and decided to try installing the firmware again. This time it worked with the Galaxy 3. I guess I'll see how it flys when my controller gets done charging.

So I took the P3S out after the update. It flew fine but the Galaxy 3 tablet isn't suited for the job. Video was lagging and choppy. This is probably common knowledge about using the G3. I switched to my iPad Air and seems to be good vid wise. Haven't tried it in the field though. Won't have map of course unless I use phone for hot spot or cache maps.

Yes: if the battery firmware needed to be updated, then the battery that was in the AC got updated automatically. If you have other batteries whose firmware must be updated, they will receive the update the first time you put them in the AC and power everything up (DJI GO will notify you). If I recall correctly, the 1.8.10 all-in-one firmware did not seem to come with an updated battery firmware, as I've never seen any message from GO for my second battery.
Just need to remember that the new FW needs to be on the SD card still for another battery to get it's update.

Reactions: 120CCPM
On a P3S I have always understood it this way.

The Phantom App copies the fw to the SD card, then the Phantom installs the firmware from the sd card. Then the remote and batteries get updated from the phantom. After that, as each battery is inserted the Phantom updates the batteries as needed no files need to be on the SD card.

DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard

Any thoughts from others?

Rod

DJI GO says I have app version 3.1.10 and firmware version 1.8.10.
App Store says 3.1.10 is latest app version, but DJI specs for P 3 standard shows firmware 01.08.0100 on 4/13.
I have not been prompted to download new firmware. Anyone know if you get prompts or are supposed to just somehow find out about a new version of firmware????

DJI GO says I have app version 3.1.10 and firmware version 1.8.10.
App Store says 3.1.10 is latest app version, but DJI specs for P 3 standard shows firmware 01.08.0100 on 4/13.
I have not been prompted to download new firmware. Anyone know if you get prompts or are supposed to just somehow find out about a new version of firmware????
The FW's most recent is 1.8.10 for the Standard, so if your on that your not going to get any message.
Now on the Go app, are you using a iOS or Android device?

I have iOS and know I have the latest app. How do you know 1.8.10 is the latest when DJI shows 01.08.0100 on 4/13/2017? I had my firmware long before that.

I'm a fan of the "fly it or fry it" statement. When I originally got my phantom, I always did updates without thinking twice and one day it falls out of the sky. It it was related i can't be for sure but DJI said it was an error under warranty and replaced the mainboard.
Since the day i got it back, I haven't done a single update, still flying firmware 1.5.7 today. I have always kept go up to date and no problems.

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks WilliamM...I will save the first link...the second link is the one that shows 01.08.0100

New firmware
Same here. I've had nothing but problems with 1.8.10. I just took off tonight.. literally got 10 seconds of flight 20 feet in the air and the app starts complaining that it disconnected. This has happened multiple times where I have had to land manually because it won't reconnect. I was flying once a little bit out of eyesight when it disconnected, and I couldnt get it back.. I had to make a quick run to to the drone so I could fly by sight to get it to land. At one point, coincidentally after I complained to them about my issues, they took 1.08.10 off the website and went back to an earlier version (Around Apr 2nd 2017). But now they have a newer version back the site as 1.08.0100 (which is less than 1.08.10 so I'm stuck. Once I'm finally on a good firmware, I'm not going to upgrade until every user says it's perfect.
Standard - New firmware
This was in another post...sounds like others are confused too.

Yes same here I haven't updated for a long time. I agree with philltayl!
Hi I have a Phantom 3 Advanced that I used for about a year but due to illness, I didn't use it for the last year and a half. Today I charged the batteries and controller. The batteries had last been charged about 6 months ago and were on 1 bar.
Everything charged well. I'll fire it up tonight. I'm wondering about the software. I think I'm about 3 versions behind. I saw on DJIs web site that the latest version was released last November.
Should I bother with any of the software updates or stay on my current version?
Do I jump ahead to the most recent, or install them in order, one after the other?
Thanks for any advice.

Hi I have a Phantom 3 Advanced that I used for about a year but due to illness, I didn't use it for the last year and a half. Today I charged the batteries and controller. The batteries had last been charged about 6 months ago and were on 1 bar.
Everything charged well. I'll fire it up tonight. I'm wondering about the software. I think I'm about 3 versions behind. I saw on DJIs web site that the latest version was released last November.
Should I bother with any of the software updates or stay on my current version?
Do I jump ahead to the most recent, or install them in order, one after the other?
Thanks for any advice.
I'm not afraid of Firmware updates on the Advanced, but I'm on the Standard.
I would still fly it first, make sure it still works fine before you do any updates. Nothing should be wrong if it was working before.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik