Software update causing problems??!

Reaction score
Updated my P3P today and I did an IMU calibration aswell.
After 20 secounds around there I got the message "NO SIGNAL" on top of the screen.
Everything was working propertly the image was there and the quad responded to my actions.
I haven`t had this before I updated to the new software.
The batteries, transmitter and P3P is updated propertly. Sucess message on all of them.

Attatched below you can see an image.

best regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-06-21-19-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-06-21-19-12.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 449
I've had a problem connecting and after finally getting connected, I lost that connection during flight. Happened only after updating FW and app.

Never ever update your software if what you're currently using works fine.

(words I live by.)

In my case my controller was on and it was connected with the phantom the app just either wouldn't connect or lost it after connecting. Looks like it's becoming a common problem for those with the A version controller from what I'm reading in the DJI forum.

Happened to me yesterday, after updating the firmware.
No signal warning on the app screen, even though I had already passed the initial status screen....
When I started the motors, the front left one started spinning so fast it shook the whole aircraft, as I already posted in another thread.

Had to reset, and it seemed fine again.

No signal since latest firmware... had it for 20sec like OP and nothing will bring it back after days of trying. Signal quality reports very poor signal regardless of proximity... is this what we must suffer having lost most channels after upgrade??? Bird is rendered useless... please help DJI... no signal regardless of resets. Android or apple. Relinking. Two transmitters both exhibit No Signal... major hassle... plus TRUST COMPUTER popup dissappears before it can be acted in... full reset of ipad did not mitigate or change this behaviour. DJO GO and/or firmware us a giant disaster . Come onDJI... so many folks are suffering NO SIGNAL blues
Refund me... 2 week old p3 pro aaarrrggghhhh

Reactions: Tyler916
Upgrade one of my two controllers with new hdmi port... no vision out of that either... just telemetry only showing... check all gimbal wiring... fix this DJI PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Tyler916
I've been getting that error since the last firmware (not the one just released). It'll keep flying with that error though. I just have to pay attention to the signal bars.

Disconnection issues plague my P3P since the latest firmware update.
Since then, turning on the RC, then the aircraft, doesn´t work, the app won't connect.
I have to reset the aircraft for it to connect.
Happened twice, the two times I used it since the update. Never happened before.

On top of it, today I had the app suddendly disconnecting while operating normally for 5-10 minutes.
I was 5 feet away from the quad.
No more telemetry, nothing except the "disconnected" warning above.

I'd say this latest firmware is a killer, literally.

Updated my P3P today and I did an IMU calibration aswell.
After 20 secounds around there I got the message "NO SIGNAL" on top of the screen.
Everything was working propertly the image was there and the quad responded to my actions.
I haven`t had this before I updated to the new software.
The batteries, transmitter and P3P is updated propertly. Sucess message on all of them.

Attatched below you can see an image.

best regards

Have you tried going back to the previous firmware to see if it correct's the problem?

After speaking with tech support for about an hour answering the same questions over and over the rep finally told me he had no fix for this problem. He took my email address and said he would further investigate and get back with me. I was thinking 72 hours before I would hear from this guy who knew absolutely nothing. Surprisingly I got an email ten minutes later. First acknowledging the call and a second email a minute later saying they had a solution. He asked me to downgrade to the previous FW and then upgrade back to the new one again. I thought this was a grasping at straws solution but decided to give it a try. I could try the previous FW before loading the newest back. Results were that the older FW with the current DJI Go app seemed to work fine as the problem did not resurface. However, I did not test at the location where the problem occurred if that had anything to do with it. I then updated the FW to the latest version and so far the problem has not resurfaced. Will report back after further testing.

I haven't upgraded yet myself and had a nice normal flight with the new Go app. Even used Auto Takeoff.

After speaking with tech support for about an hour answering the same questions over and over the rep finally told me he had no fix for this problem. He took my email address and said he would further investigate and get back with me. I was thinking 72 hours before I would hear from this guy who knew absolutely nothing. Surprisingly I got an email ten minutes later. First acknowledging the call and a second email a minute later saying they had a solution. He asked me to downgrade to the previous FW and then upgrade back to the new one again. I thought this was a grasping at straws solution but decided to give it a try. I could try the previous FW before loading the newest back. Results were that the older FW with the current DJI Go app seemed to work fine as the problem did not resurface. However, I did not test at the location where the problem occurred if that had anything to do with it. I then updated the FW to the latest version and so far the problem has not resurfaced. Will report back after further testing.
Had you upgraded the remote and if so can you revert it back to previous firmware? Do you have to have camera view active in the GO app to revert back? I can't get into camera view - it keep bringing me back to "How to Connect".

I had 1.2.6 - and I did not like that noise and stability. I upgraded to 1.3.2. and tested today in windy weather over a huge metal patio. Yes it drifted over metal patio or may be it drifted because of strong wind, but as soon as I moved a bit away from that patio - it was stable, as on 1.1.9

patio.jpg

So you did not goto the location where the problem occurred?

Did you ever think it was simply the location? I can't fly across the street at a school... No signal nothing every time I go but down the road at a park 5 mins away I can fly as long as I want with no trouble.

Did you try a different location far enough from the problem area...

Edit... You sure you were not in a no fly zone? It just seems weird you trash the fw now it's working?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik