Software not installing

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Im Rod, from ...York.
I have been watching the tutorial vids and downloaded the sticky extra 49 page PDF document to supplement the instruction manual.

Ok- problem
downloaded APP & installed- works fine.( can see through lens & manipulate it)
I have downloaded the software for the RC Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2 ( latest version)
& Vision assist Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6 after charging all batteries ready for flight ( in theory)

Connected to PC using cable provided- BUT neither the RC or the Phantom connect to the software ( can't move joysticks in screen etc)

The Phantom powers up fine, as does the RC & range extender...I think im following the correct procedure of turning on the RC, after installing cable and finally connecting to teh PC.
Have I got the right software please!

Thank you!

I think you didn't install the driver software Rodyork.Try this before installing the software.It's on the same DJI page where you can find the Software.If you see the lights blinking at the bottom you're connected.And I always turn the Vision on,before connect to PC.Start the software and connect to PC

That happened to me too, the software doesnt come with the drivers, i downloaded the drivers from DJI website and it worked [emoji106]

Don't plug in the drone or TX until the software prompts, if its XP just ignore the found new hardware wizard pop up, if its W7 let it run its course and accept the unsigned warning.

I just had the same problem today and the DJI manual sucks when it comes to explaining what to do. They assume all buyers are 20 years old and have been raised on computers and video games. Just try to find a page on the Internet to register your new quad.....good luck! I finally went back to the download list/page and also downloaded the Windows Driver program. There is a driver program for Macs also. Once I had both the driver and assistant program loaded everything connected after plugging in multiple times. It worked when the controller and range extender were powered on and the controller was plugged into my computer by way of the cord and the quad was powered up and sitting near by

Utopia Texas said:
. It worked when the controller and range extender were powered on and the controller was plugged into my computer by way of the cord and the quad was powered up and sitting near by

Not sure why, the range extender is irrelevant as its not part of the process, and you can update the controller or the quad independently with one or the other turned off.

Thank you everyone for helping me (a newbie!!).
- a plethora of suggestions...im sure its pilot error or the PC im running.
I will take on your advice & reinstall on a new PC tomorrow as well..just to be sure...I bet it's the drivers!...Fingers crossed...and thank you again.

Im planning to use it in the Sahara on a motorbike trip shortly...its going to be a steep learning curve!

Utopia Texas said:
There is a driver program for Macs also.

No, the macs don't have separate drivers.

BTW Rod, if you're going to use it in dusty conditions, learn to hand launch and hand catch. It's very easy and will save you getting any dust, grit and other crap in the motor bearings. Just sayin' like...

happydays said:
Utopia Texas said:
BTW Rod, if you're going to use it in dusty conditions, learn to hand launch and hand catch. It's very easy and will save you getting any dust, grit and other crap in the motor bearings. Just sayin' like...

Point taken...very good point...let the learning curve begin!
...thanks everyone...it was pilot error at the PC...did not install the drivers!...fool me!

...any other suggestions...pointers gratefully received...I'm also concerned about charging on the go on a motorbike!

I believe that is why we are all here is to help each other.

dalebb said:
I believe that is why we are all here is to help each other.

Thank you!...& absolutely!....I'm not from the drone pilot fraternity...I know not of your secret handshakes ;) ...but I offer any bike related help..until I earn my DJI pilot stripes!
..I suspect I will initially be asking more than giving initially!
..but my fails may be another's success or hazard avoidance!

crash1sttime said:
Don't plug in the drone or TX until the software prompts, if its XP just ignore the found new hardware wizard pop up, if its W7 let it run its course and accept the unsigned warning.

I haven't installed the drivers yet. Whoops. But I did install the software to the new V+ version 3 and Rc. Flew it twice so far. What should I do? Re-install everything or just the drivers? Only thing that is not working is big lag from camera to my Droid Note 3.

Have a look here

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=32984

I would suggest just installing the driver and update camera software if applicable

crash1sttime said:
Have a look here

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=32984

I would suggest just installing the driver and update camera software if applicable

Installed the drivers and now I wish I did not. Now the Phantom's props won't start. It turns on but no flying here. Now that really sucks because it flew before. Any suggestions?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj