Software Assistant Not Recognizing Phantom Vision

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Im relatively new to the multiroter realm and have came across several issues since unboxing my Phantom Vision.
The first and most important issue I have a problem with is having the software assistant recognize my phantom vision.

Below are a list of things and troubleshoots I have done:

-Tried multiple usb cables
-Tried from 3 different pcs
-unintsalled and reinstalled the software

Is there a way I can reset my phantom? Could this be a problem straight out the box?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jaimes

Dirkclod. Great thanks. Looks like I skipped that step initially. I installed the driver and now everything is updated. Thanks for your help and look forwarded to learning more around here!

I had this exact problem......but I fixed it!

1-install driver to you computer from the dji website
2-connect the phantom to the computer via usb and then open the driver program to install driver. When I was installing the driver, I didn't have my phantom hooked up to my computer at first and that's why I was having issues. As soon as I hooked up the phantom and THEN installled the driver.....WALA!

What windows version do you use? 32 bit or 64 bit. I also have that problem, and still looking for a solution.

dirkclod said:
You did install the driver for the assistant and are powering up your quad right ?

What's a "driver"?

... a little Mac humor... :lol:

I have the same problem. Have tried on both MAC and PC...

I will try it again tonight with a 3rd machine.
1. Download and install driver software
2. Turn on PV2+
3. Connect USB between PV2+ and PC
4. Install driver.
5. Start up Phantom Vision Assistant Software

Also, it would be worthwhile to try plugging the USB cable directly into your computer -- instead of the USB port on a keyboard, monitor, etc.

Be sure to use a USB cable that has all 4 lines connected. Some cables that come with chargers only have the power lines connected.

I made a similar mistake when I first did this, I installed (or thought I did) the software before getting the phantom itself to have a look at it, when I did connect the TX unit the software didn't see it, it was only on the 2nd attempt I noticed the software fails to install if the TX is not connected, however once installed and you plug in the phantom itself it auto installs.

I run XP (still) so not sure how Winblows 7 works with the software.

dirkclod said:
doug86 said:
dirkclod said:
You did install the driver for the assistant and are powering up your quad right ?

What's a "driver"?

... a little Mac humor... :lol:
... Mac who ? :?

A driver is a program that allows your device to communicate and work with 95% of the world.
Apple only communicate with apple, no drivers needed or available, just faith and fear and if it doesn't work, too bad, only the rest of the world's to blame, right?

typing this on my imac btw that's still a great piece of electronic furniture. But for any serious stuff and compatibility I use my Intel based PC workstation. :cool:

lake_flyer said:
Apple only communicate with apple

What exactly are you talking about?? I downloaded all my DJI Software directly from DJI, Apple had nothing to do with it. Most of the software on my Apple computer is third party stuff, and none of that came from Apple either.

Apple computers happily communicate with all kinds of stuff. If you mean that it has to be written for Apple, that of course is also true for Windows.

OK, right. Let's drop this discussion.
Not helping anyone with starting a Mac versus PC thing. If you're happy with whatever choice you made, you have all the right to be so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20