Soarin over Disney World

Reaction score
Shot this last year in October with the Phantom 1 (original) and Tarot T-2D. Finally decided to put them together. Resort fly over of the Grand Floridian, Pop Century and All Stars Sports. If you've been to one of the Disney Parks and rode Soarin, you'll get it. :D

http://youtu.be/Zjcj6MiT0cc

Thanks for the tip, I actually found out about the restriction after coming back from my trip. The first flight took place at night and I had a nice chat with one of the security cast members about the Phantom and never thought much of it after that.

They call it temporary around Disney World and Land, but in is a TFR until further notice... Should just call it a PFR, Permanent Flight Restriction.

thongbong said:
Thanks for the tip, I actually found out about the restriction after coming back from my trip. The first flight took place at night and I had a nice chat with one of the security cast members about the Phantom and never thought much of it after that.

This is one of the issues with TFRs, FAA rules, etc. Many people, like the security folks, have no clue about them. I liked your video, I was just passing along an "FYI".

How many times does it have to be said?
The FAA has authority over licensed aircraft and licensed pilots.
This flight restriction can only be enforced on those aircraft.
NOT on hobby remote controlled aircraft.

Are you a licensed pilot with the FAA? Is your aircraft duly licensed?
NO. Then why are you so worried about it?

TFRs apply to model aircraft. Here is part of a current TFR:

C. The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, seaplane operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and utility and pipeline survey operations.

Argue all you want to, but the FAA and Homeland Security both include model aircraft in TFRs.

The AMA also provides information on current TFRs:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership ... otams.aspx

SilentAV8R said:
TFRs apply to model aircraft. Here is part of a current TFR:

C. The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, seaplane operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and utility and pipeline survey operations.

Argue all you want to, but the FAA and Homeland Security both include model aircraft in TFRs.

The AMA also provides information on current TFRs:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership ... otams.aspx

Oy. This is why we can't have nice things.

Nice shots, thanks for that view of the Disney World property!

Suwaneeguy said:
How many times does it have to be said?
The FAA has authority over licensed aircraft and licensed pilots.
This flight restriction can only be enforced on those aircraft.
NOT on hobby remote controlled aircraft.

Are you a licensed pilot with the FAA? Is your aircraft duly licensed?
NO. Then why are you so worried about it?

The FAA has responsibility for the NAS. Like it or not, you are subject to their rules and regulations license or not. Otherwise I could simply take an unregistered plane for an unlicensed joy ride doing as I please. Fortunately, you are not yet subject to their trumped up BS when it comes to commercial use.

Control of the airspace is about all they have on us right now. They get especially pissy about flying in Class B or C airspace and REAALY pissy about TFR areas. But that's with everyone, not just us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers