So who's dumping their P4 for Mavic?

the Mavic's 78 degree FOV is not enough for me. I need the 94. In fact, I prefer the 104 FOV on my Phantom 2. I shoot big things, not people.

Reactions: bkushner
the Mavic's 78 degree FOV is not enough for me. I need the 94. In fact, I prefer the 104 FOV on my Phantom 2. I shoot big things, not people.

I'm just a novice hobbiest. I'd like to see in a review an actual video or picture displaying the difference (78 vs. 94 FOV).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Will wait until next year to buy the Mavic, i already flown the P3 for a year in Indonesia, Singapore, Japan, etc. Just got the P4, 3 weeks ago, will surely monitor what people dont like about the Mavic

KavelnikoV
Drone P3, P4: Sky-Watcher

To me at 56 years off age its a case of the bentley or the ferrari ones beautiful elegant refined............the others stunning brash and racey..... they both perform roughly the same.....but i like the beautiful one.....the Phantom 4

It's nice that when advancing technology finally renders the Phantom 4 less-than-satisfying, I will have a small drone with folding arms and roughly equal capability among my replacement choices. For right now...there's no reason for me to upgrade. The Mavic, cool as it is, offers me nothing that I need.

I fly with a Trackimo and I am not sure about the ability to mount one on the Mavic. I also use a GetterBack when flying over water and I like using an iPad mini for a screen. Finally, I use an Itelite MaxxRange antenna panel from Jake and do some distance flights. I know the Mavic reportedly has a 7 mile transmission range, but I do not know if that is just the range for video transmission, or if that actually is the range of the drone. There is no way I can see making a 14 mile round trip flight on a single battery under any circumstances. If I did not already have the P4, I would seriously consider the Mavic. But with the amount I have invested and with the way I fly my P4, I think that I will not be getting a Mavic.
That's a 7 km transmission range, not 7 miles, and the total flight distance maxes out at 8 miles total, because of the battery. This won't be a long distance flyer.

I knew I read this somewhere before , it was Big Chuck from DBS mods saying this . He said Give it a minit... the controller that comes with P4 Pro or Inspire 2 will bind with this and give full function... I guarantee it...
If that is the case, all the P3/P4 modded transmitters would work with the Mavic to extend the control range out to 10 miles! Now we need a battery mod to support more than an 8 mile flight! Except, I doubt the Mavic is capable of any additional weight for extra batteries. It's already tweaked for optimum efficiency for its size and weight.

I can agree with this since all near future aircraft will use OcuSync. I thought you were referring to a P4 remote controller above -- when you said the "P4".
I thought that, too! I missed the P4 "Pro" ! Makes more sense now...

I missed the P4 "Pro"
The year is still young. Perhaps DJI still has some new models up their sleeve -- like a P4 Pro with OcuSync.

not me at least not yet. The P4 has everything i need. A good tool is always a good tool. Despite the latest GIZMO...I'll grant you Magic has the cool form factor, quick setup and range maybe so I can be even more illegal flying it beyond LOS than the one I have now....still, I'll be watching it's launch with interest....soon as I see a few crashes and it gets "wrung out" by the early adopters I'll probably get one if for nothing more than that osimo killer swap out thingy ...maybe the Mavic II will squash the current release by then anyway... it's going to have infrared and radar in the back of its head I hear!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Going to keep my Ph 4:

I am looking for a Yaw Roll Motor for a PH 4 gimbal - I am repairing the Ph 4 myself and have everything together - when I noticed the cable ribbon on my Yaw Roll motor torn. This ribbon cable is integrated into the motor (hard wired - if you will) and is not part of the cable ribbon package offered by DJI. I do not want to put out $400 for a new gimbal set up when all I need is a $10 motor - anyone know where I might find one? DJI does not sell the motor separate for the PH 4.

Here's picture of motor
IMG_20161002_141048.jpg

Going to keep my Ph 4:

I am looking for a Yaw Roll Motor for a PH 4 gimbal - I am repairing the Ph 4 myself and have everything together - when I noticed the cable ribbon on my Yaw Roll motor torn. This ribbon cable is integrated into the motor (hard wired - if you will) and is not part of the cable ribbon package offered by DJI. I do not want to put out $400 for a new gimbal set up when all I need is a $10 motor - anyone know where I might find one? DJI does not sell the motor separate for the PH 4.

Here's picture of motor
View attachment 66434

Errrm, not sure if we can help you but what does this has to do with this thread? Didn't you post already below:

Phantom 4 Yaw Roll Motor

I doubt you may find the motor alone as a part yet I'd have a look at parts coming from crashed Phantom 4's.

I personally also think that shell replacements and self-repairs will be much more difficult with the Mavic, but that remains to be seen.
The Phantom 2 Non Vision was the last craft supplied with a screw driver.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl