so who still loves there dji phantom 2

Reaction score
i have a P2v+ and its gr8. does exactly whst i need. onlt doenside is batteries gettibg old. .but ive done 180 charges on each!!! ,raped em lol ,:)

anyways this isntvs thread aboyt how i cant afford DJIB3 or 4 or inspire...cause I could...I just love my current setupband habr no need to go 6 miles at 4k ...its great if u dotho :)

anyone elsevhappyb witg there old equipment..spent a lot of time modding it ..its my baby lol
.anyone ekse feel thevsame?

and ya im sure a DJI 3 SHITS all ovrv this.m.buyvdoed job for mevanf brings me happyness..

so whos in thr he fky DJI 2cclub till they die lol :)

Last edited:
Reactions: liketogethigh
sirry for soelling and general mess... ketbosrd on phone id a joke

Reactions: yorlik
Oh - I thought you been drinkin'

Yeah - that's the problem. When you get a new better Phantom, what's gonna happen to the P2? It'll probably sit most of the time, and that doesn't make sense if you're still having a great time with it.

Reactions: dirkclod
I agree, my first was a P2v no plus, those guys can keep their 3's , 4's , inspire, and anything else that comes down the line! Most have never used half the features, and capabilities it has, before they decide to be the first with a shinny new product! And look at ALL the issues we are already seeing! I'll just stick to old school!
image.jpeg

Now have ( 5 non plus visions )
#6 was a complete rebuild for a friend! Only 5 are mine. Would like to build a plus if I ever get around to it?
OLD SCHOOL! RULES!

3 years now and still learning daily!

J Dot

( not trying to bash new stuff, but like you said " if she's everything you need, why upgrade? " ) p2v is all I'll ever need! But all in all Heli is the most fun to fly RC, even above phantom! Just my opinion and thoughts!

i have a P2v+ and its gr8. does exactly whst i need. onlt doenside is batteries gettibg old. .but ive done 180 charges on each!!! ,raped em lol ,:)

anyways this isntvs thread aboyt how i cant afford DJIB3 or 4 or inspire...cause I could...I just love my current setupband habr no need to go 6 miles at 4k ...its great if u dotho :)

anyone elsevhappyb witg there old equipment..spent a lot of time modding it ..its my baby lol
.anyone ekse feel thevsame?

and ya im sure a DJI 3 SHITS all ovrv this.m.buyvdoed job for mevanf brings me happyness..

so whos in thr he fky DJI 2cclub till they die lol :)
Old PHANTOMS NEVER DIE, the just keep flying !

What versions of fw u guys and girls on???
Im still on 3.06..... refuse to update...

Its funny aswell....i always fky with within same 50
80km radius (download maps in new locations obviously)and done compass dancr once in 6 months lol . . Dont want to debate thr compass dance. Each to there own :)

Ony thing that pisses me off is batteries are still soooo expensive. Ive fot 2. Both 180 charges...one js finr.. the othrr drope from 49% to 10% in seconds. ..so i just use it for messing about at close range.

Anyone no a place in Aus wuth cheap batteries??

Lol,
I'm firmware ( 3.08, 3.12, 3.14 ). Would love to 3.06, again! Used to be able to downgrade USING BACK DOOR, test " 125 ", they blocked it on 3.08 and up, but I don't have the original PC assistant for 3.06, or a copy of the firmware! But 3.08 is not bad, still have freedom from no fly zones, rapid decent, ect.

ONLY 5 ( lol ) did not want y'all to think I was a snob with 6! :cool:
( muhahahaaaaaa )

I wanted to do a collection of crafts all different, but look what happened!
All p2v non pluses! Each unique, in their own way, but all sporting goodies!

If the worst happens the P2v non plus is a tough customer, they hold up well in minor incidents, gimbals are pretty tough, unlike its counterpart, you sneeze wrong, and you got a bent or broken gimbal!
The p4 gimbal seems more BEEFED UP, but I still like the P2v! You can mod the crap out of them, or leave them stock, tons of options, newer models, not so much! And freedoms are limited! I do like them ALL, trust me, just not ready to make the crossover yet! Plus my wallet has been on this crash diet, and lost a bunch of weight, so too narrow to do anything with now, but she'll eat good again soon! Tonight ramen noodle, tomorrow the WORLD!

J Dot
:cool:

I still like my vision plus. Especially now that I have the Redbird repeater box. I can sit in my car and fly with the window's up, or I can also just stay in the house and still fly without any issues. Adds a whole new level of flying.

Hello to all, love my phantom 2 as well. Its my first p2v+, unfortunately a bird clipped me and sent it to the ground from 20 feet or so. Shortly after fpv cut in and out, telemetry too, then battery, now its all gone. She fly's great still but only line of sight for me. Anyone happen to have a spare WiFi module they'd be willing to part with ? I have a brand new Aries X10 blackbird quad with all the factory goodies and a spare battery I'm willing to trade for a working phantom 2 vision plus V3.0 WiFi module.

J Dot, they are different colors that counts. [emoji57]

Do you use yours for fun or filming (or both).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Both,
I build pools, and make videos of the nicer ones we do , like a video portfolio, but mostly for fun! I started building and fixing them, as a hobby, as parts accumulated I'd build a bird out of spare parts ( blue and black ones ) , orange was my original ( and is highly modded ), the green was a non working crash victim I bought for cheap, and newest one had a motor issue, and bought it cheap as well,fixed it, but don't have much time on it yet, ( I think my son is going to get this one ) he seems more and more interested , and has flown a few times with me, so keeping fingers crossed ( less video games, more sunlight ) lol.
As for flying ( nothing ) beats a 3D helicopter! NOTHING! Pure FUN! It is like flying a phantom, but fun factor increased 100 fold! But I do love to fly my phantoms ( Orange, and blue mainly ) orange for footage, as it has nice gimbal, and blue has firmware 3.08. Just a bit more fun for me! Others sit mostly , I do fly them, but not much!
Happy trails guys! Let's keep the 2's ALIVE!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Here is what I was up against:
( bonus pic )
CFFEE3EA-EEE1-44B3-A7AD-0D600EDC16D7_zpsrccmcams.jpg

This is now the blue one! Done this twice! From nothing to flying bird! It's a LOT of fun ( & cursing ) but mostly fun! Lol

J Dot

Love my Phantom 2 Vision Plus, regardless of future purchases I will keep mine forever.
Does exactly what I want, tough as old boots and flies far enough for me.
Upgraded with the IT Elite Panel antenna, 2 Watt RF amp, GPS shielding, external WiFi antennas, and antenna upgrades to the remote control and repeater.
I would simply keep upgrading it as far as possible.
Pity there is not an advanced lipo, for extended flight time too.

Bear501 can you link me details of this Redbird repeater box please ?

I agree, my first was a P2v no plus, those guys can keep their 3's , 4's , inspire, and anything else that comes down the line! Most have never used half the features, and capabilities it has, before they decide to be the first with a shinny new product! And look at ALL the issues we are already seeing! I'll just stick to old school!
View attachment 49465
Now have ( 5 non plus visions )
#6 was a complete rebuild for a friend! Only 5 are mine. Would like to build a plus if I ever get around to it?
OLD SCHOOL! RULES!

3 years now and still learning daily!

J Dot

( not trying to bash new stuff, but like you said " if she's everything you need, why upgrade? " ) p2v is all I'll ever need! But all in all Heli is the most fun to fly RC, even above phantom! Just my opinion and thoughts!
Think I recognize one of them ;)

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic