So who is going to test this out and report back?

Thi looks familiar.

I wonder if it is a 'reboot' from mid-2014???

Anyone else experience a little deja vu?

As soon as I find someone to loan me the $$$.

The only negatives I see are:
1. The weight, almost 3 oz
2. It sounds like you have to be at a pretty slow speed for it to prevent a crash into the object. But still has value for intricate maneuvering while taking pictures, etc.
3. Shortens flight time a little, 2-3 mins.
Worth watching to see how it goes.
All in all, I will wait because most likely the next gen birds will have something similar either built in or available as an option.

Cheers

N017RW said:
Thi looks familiar.

Yea from the other day !

I'm being discriminated against just because I fly the FC40 :cry:

N017RW said:
Thi looks familiar.

Yes, yes it is familiar.
I installed a sonar mod to my 3dr hex a couple of years ago, and if I were flying very slow and facing a solid wall, it kind of worked. The range was quite limited, so if the hex was moving at any speed above a slow walk, by the time the sonar detected the wall, inertia would have taken it in for a prop change. (I go through a lot of props on the hex). It won't detect small things or leaves in a tree until you are really close.

How does that site work? Is it in production? Can I buy one?

This is extra weight and will do little to avoid obstacles at reasonable speeds. Off axis obstacles will still have a chance to take you out even at low speed.

ccase39 said:
Kickstarter is a crowdfunding site. You only get charged if they meet their goal.

dptcalvin said:
ccase39 said:
Kickstarter is a crowdfunding site. You only get charged if they meet their goal.
how much are they asking?

May add extra weight but if you wanted to go through nooks between mountains or into any tight spaces you would need to go slow anyway. I can see it really helping for those who have a use for it. There are a lot of bayous around here that have small cuts or tributaries connecting the bayous that are only 3 or 4 feet wide. They have trees over that make a canopy only about 10 feet or so above the water so it is essentially a cave. I have long wanted to explore these but am too scared because it can get pretty tight. The canopy isn't so dense it blocks satellite. I wonder how easy it is to install/uninstall.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj