so who is going to be the first to get it ?

I agree I feel that direct orders just hold precedence over third parties if I was a manufacturer. That's like buying dealer parts from a third party vs the dealership ... best bet should always be to go to the source. I wouldn't give a d--n if other stores look bad or are out of stock vs my own. Apple would never sell themselves short to make verizon look good just my .02 cents

This makes zero sense. Any authorized dealer = buying direct. I would be willing the bet that orders from authorized dealers get shipped before individual direct orders.

This makes zero sense. Any authorized dealer = buying direct. I would be willing the bet that orders from authorized dealers get shipped before individual direct orders.

How does that make no sense? Buying direct is no middle man, buying authorized dealer they get a cut or some benefit. If orders don't get filled buying direct it tarnishes the company name ... if an auth dealer doesn't fill then they take the heat so there is a difference. That's like an Apple Store never bing in stock or Samsung but you can go to Costco at&t Verizon ect. And get it ... they might as well not sell it and just allow 3rd parties if they are last to ship their own product

Reactions: iker42
How does that make no sense? Buying direct is no middle man, buying authorized dealer they get a cut or some benefit. If orders don't get filled buying direct it tarnishes the company name ... if an auth dealer doesn't fill then they take the heat so there is a difference. That's like an Apple Store never bing in stock or Samsung but you can go to Costco at&t Verizon ect. And get it ... they might as well not sell it and just allow 3rd parties if they are last to ship their own product

An authorized dealer sells thousands of their products. I can promise you that dealer orders are handled before individual orders.

An authorized dealer sells thousands of their products. I can promise you that dealer orders are handled before individual orders.

I wouldn't doubt that, I'm just saying that they shouldn't do both and put individual orders on the back burner if they can't handle doing both. Apple as an example ships out to dealers and stocks their own stores as well to make sure that it's not a disadvantage going to an Apple Store .... as a consumer you shouldn't get shafted because you ordered direct.... not saying that it doesn't happen just that it's not expected from large successful companies can't say it any simpler than that.

Looks like I've got a signature now

Reactions: romi
Ordered from B&H Sept 27. This is the kit, I wonder if that matters. And yes, I think the big retailers will get orders filled first, these can be huge $$ amounts.

My point was not that DJI would wait to fill orders for box box stores. When a company releases a product, they give very strict dates and times for when their product can be put on shelves. It would be bad practice if DJI allowed vendors to start shipping and selling the same day as they do. There would be no point in DJI supporting their own sales at that point. OBVIOUSLY they need to ship mass amounts of product to their vendors for release day, which looks to be Nov. 3rd. This would be direct conflict with people who state their amazon and other vendor orders are shipping early.

Reactions: AliAs
My point was not that DJI would wait to fill orders for box box stores. When a company releases a product, they give very strict dates and times for when their product can be put on shelves. It would be bad practice if DJI allowed vendors to start shipping and selling the same day as they do. There would be no point in DJI supporting their own sales at that point. OBVIOUSLY they need to ship mass amounts of product to their vendors for release day, which looks to be Nov. 3rd. This would be direct conflict with people who state their amazon and other vendor orders are shipping early.

I'm close to CA so maybe I will have less shipping delay. I hear they ship from there.

Where and when can I buy the Mavic Pro?
Mavic Pro is immediately available for pre-order and will begin shipping in mid-October. It will also be available in mid-October at DJI’s three flagship stores in Shenzhen, Seoul and Hong Kong. Mavic Pro can also be ordered on Apple.com and will be available in Apple Stores in early November.

ref - MavicPro - Mark and Romeo's Aerial Adventures ...

Ordered one from BHphoto and another from Adorama and still dont have any clue as to which one will be shipped first and when? Was thinking of ordering from amazon directly but I am too cheap to pay tax when tax free options are available :)
Ordered both on Sept 27

I was hoping folks would start doing that and then return one etc.

I cant wait for my open box deal in a month or 2.....

Already have it - Just stuck a Mavic sticker on my P3P it already has umpteen firmware updates, & a couple of fly aways so l'm way ahead of the game - joke guys its Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I emailed DJI about that "First 100 orders on Amazon get priority shipping." I asked if i was in the first 100 and they said yes. Orders will start shipping on the 17th.

They should be shipping directly from China.

Correct. But the shipments from China will be delivered to DJI distribution locations in the US, then shipped to retail locations, including big box stores, and DJI fulfillment warehouse locations. Each location will then receive the shipments, log them into inventory, and then begin to fulfill orders. Who gets the first ones? No clue. Depends on how the semi trucks roll. A question I have is regarding the "kits", are they shipped complete with their own SKU, or do the fulfillment locations have to assemble them? Logistics. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I wouldn't doubt that, I'm just saying that they shouldn't do both and put individual orders on the back burner if they can't handle doing both. Apple as an example ships out to dealers and stocks their own stores as well to make sure that it's not a disadvantage going to an Apple Store .... as a consumer you shouldn't get shafted because you ordered direct.... not saying that it doesn't happen just that it's not expected from large successful companies can't say it any simpler than that.

iPhone 7 launch was a complete fail, no iPhone Plus models in stock at all, yet some people were able to grab 1 from authorized dealers ex. At&T, Verizon...etc

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Code:
    Who          Where Ordered      When Ordered      Date Shipped Out
drapers           Amazon (DJI)        Sep 27 09:03am        ???
TopQuark          Amazon (DJI)        Sep 27 11:12am        ???
darkneo           Amazon (DJI)        Sep 27                ???
Swil526           Drone Nerds         Sep 27                ???
crazyrider        BHPhoto             Sep 27                ???
crazyrider        Adorama             Sep 27                ???
TheLightSpeedz    Amazon (?)          Sep 27                ???
KingDad1985       DJI                 Sep 27                ???
edoginasia        Amazon (?)          Sep 27                ???
Covenantelite30   DJI                 Sep 27                ???
Multicoptertec    BHPhoto             Sep 27                ???
Rick A            DJI                 Sep 28                ???
Dean Ward         DJI                 Sep 28                ???
MarqueGlisson     ???                 Sep 28                ???
Ryan McAllister   Best Buy            Sep 29                ???
rigor             ???                 Sep 29                ???
Greenenvey        Koozam              Sep 29                ???
Danny-B-          DJI                 Sep 30                ???
kykayak           Drone Nerds         Oct 1                 ???
iker42            DJI                 Oct 2                 ???
AliAs             DJI                 Oct 4                 ???
gtyler5           Skyboss Drones      Oct 5                 ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.