SO whats in the future for DJI?

Reaction score
What can we expect? Maybe a Phantom 3 in six months with 3d gimbal, powerful motors and 40 minutes flight time? obstacle avoidance... Also what about the phantom pro?

Lets talk about rumors or even speculate...

I'd love to see a foldable more compact travel ready version of the 450/550 series. Essentially a super size phantom is a smaller travel foot print. Something where the 3 axis gimbal has the fpv and iosd built into it and the naza has the ground station built in. This would drop the weight and increase flight times. In conjunction adding a battery like the smart battery. A fully loaded quad with incredible flight times. Super fast recharge time. And ability to fold it into a small size that fits into a backpack. Oh and not a gopro camera. A better black magic cam.

Yah,. I imagine they could definitely put out a larger quad,.. but one with folding arms and the ability to mount a variety of batteries.
that would be a nice upgrade path for people once they get hooked on the Phantom.

Gizmo3000 said:
Yah,. I imagine they could definitely put out a larger quad,.. but one with folding arms and the ability to mount a variety of batteries.
that would be a nice upgrade path for people once they get hooked on the Phantom.

Defenetely... but how about new tech? In 2 years what do you guys think quads will do? besides handing you amazon purchases lol...

Ksc said:
I'd love to see a foldable more compact travel ready version of the 450/550 series.

Have you seen Immersion RC's rather ugly but highly function new Xu-Gong? I have the 10" version headed my way as we speak (sadly a couple weeks away). Frame is a little small for my liking but if it doesn't work then it won't be hard to mount the arms to the 450 or 550 frame. Enough to get in a Peli style case like a Phantom.

http://www.helituning.ch/speedup/pi.php ... 8-FPV.html

1665_gr.jpg

Decent customer service?
After sales back-up?
A non slippery ex mobile phone salesman public face?

Oh, sorry you wanted something more realistic - A quad that will fly for four hours on a 30 second charge and be able to carry a Red Epic is more likely than any of my suggestions above !!

The Editor said:
Decent customer service?
After sales back-up?
A non slippery ex mobile phone salesman public face?

Oh, sorry you wanted something more realistic - A quad that will fly for four hours on a 30 second charge and be able to carry a Red Epic is more likely than any of my suggestions above !!

I've bashed DJI on their customer service over and over. They stink. They don't have customer service. I was able to reach them and get a phantom 1 replaced after a flyaway but that took literally over 100 phone calls before someone answered. I work for a manufacturer of medical equipment (DJI is the manufacturer of aerial equipment) and we sell through dealers (dronefly, B&H, 1uas are all dealers for DJI). I am the point of contact for the dealers in my world. Normal protocol is that the end user contacts the dealers for pricing and to purchase. The dealer send the purchase order to me, the equipment is sent to the dealer. If the end user as any problems with the equipment, they contact the dealer and the dealer is trained to repair/service and if needed, they would contact me for a return. My interaction with the end user is normally to do a new user setup and instruction on how to use the product (DJI has done this via YouTube videos) and if the end user has any super technical questions that the dealer is unable to answer, I get contacted. All in all, I don't really think DJI's lack of customer service is relevant. It's all about the dealers customers service. As we know, dronefly stinks and B&H is the best.

It's like this. If you go to costco and buy a Sony TV and when you get it home, the screen has a few bad pixels, do you call Sony or bring it back to Costco? Think of all the things you own and buy, how often have you called the manufacturer of that product? I'd say rarely. How often have you called/visited the dealer of the product? I'd say way more often.

The best solution is to purchase from a dealer who actually cares about your business. UAV products and B&H have the best reputation in the US. Dronefly has the worst reputation.

On the flip side, it's not too much to ask for if you're asking for DJI to release a product that's had the bugs worked out and isn't still in beta testing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic