So what is a good (mostly) plug and play Gimbal?

Reaction score
Sorry for such a basic questions, it's amazing the lack of information there is, or it just gets burried below the normal phantom and the vision.
I'm looking for a cheap(ish) gimbal. My old Phantom 1 had the chinese Ebay goluck something 50$ one, but I can't find how to install it on my phantom 2, so it looks like I'll be buying another.
Thanks!

The Walkera G2-D (and G3-D) are practically plug and play and can be powered by anything from 7-15 volts or maybe even more. Hooking up is easy, just insert a standard servo cable (3wire) into the pitch channel of the Naza controller (can't remember, think it is F2) and the other end in the pitch input from the gimbal controller. And you're done (you need to calibrate your Tx after that and set the gimbal switch and travel in the Naza software). If you don't need pitch you can also hook it up, from the main gimbal power input, to any power source in your Phantom and it will work straight out of the box, just without pitch control. Normally you don't even have to adjust anything, it would work right away. To attach it to a Phantom 2 you might use velcro of a good kind (and a safety loop), or get a Gopro mount adapter plate, which gives you the same 2 holes as on the P1.

There's no plug and play cable to the already existing 8pin zenmuse cable? Bummer. From what I've been seeing and reading is the only way to get tilt control from these aftermarket gimbals is to plug it into the naza f2 port? Is that correct?

Yes all you need to do is buy JST connector cable plug one side into the F2 port run other side through the phantom leg down to the tarot gimbal control board to the port designated T for tilt control.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj