So some idiot shot my phantom3 advanced WITH 22.

Reaction score
So I was flying my couple month old phantom 3 advanced quad and some idiot shot it with a 22. I was not flying or looking at his property I till I noticed he was firing at me. Turn because I couldn't believe it and started looking to see who was shooting and bam! Disconnected from my controller to my bird. Luckily my bird did what was it supposed to do, flew home. When got back I noticed it was hit in the VPS and Ofdm module. What are my rights. PLEASE HELP.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,288
I think you have to wirte where it happend, since rules differs depending on country etc.

If your on private property with a camera you don't have many rights to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Seems he was a good shot. Can you see the shooter on your video?
I was about 200 foot up flollowing a hwy. heard some shots from where I was controlling the bird so I stopped and turned and starting trying to see if I could see anyone with gun at the only two houses around me. And then screen went blank. She came home though. Really couldn't see anything but little ant like figures, lol.

How do you know it was a 22 ? At that range was probably a 303

I have the bullet. Well Sherrif has it now. Look in pictures and you can see the circuit board that stopped it. Anyone have an idea of what it'll cost to get it back up and running? I can do the repairs myself. I was wondering about parts.

I felt like shooting a phantom hovering over my place a week back. Flying over at a reasonable height I would not have cared.
It would be wise to picture yourself in court and explaining the justification of the shooting.

In my mind, if it's high and moving, can't do it.

If it's high and in a hover, can't do it.

If it's low and moving, can't do it.

If it's low and in a hover - maybe you have an argument. Maybe.

Hmmmm. As he was following a highway, I presume no one had the right to shoot at the aircraft? Is that still trespass?

Hmmmm. As he was following a highway, I presume no one had the right to shoot at the aircraft? Is that still trespass?

It's easy to follow a highway over private property just to the left or right of the highway.

I felt like shooting a phantom hovering over my place a week back. Flying over at a reasonable height I would not have cared.
I wonder how long it will be before we have 'motorised skeet'?:rolleyes:

It would be wise to picture yourself in court and explaining the justification of the shooting.

In my mind, if it's high and moving, can't do it.

If it's high and in a hover, can't do it.

If it's low and moving, can't do it.

If it's low and in a hover - maybe you have an argument. Maybe.
I said felt like.....

50 ft max in a hover camera pointing at people (including kids) in my back yard.

In this country I would have been in trouble.

Reactions: peterepeat69

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj