So should we all update to v3.12?

Reaction score
After a nightmare with v3.10 I am understandably twitchy about upgrading to 3.12

I just wondered if anyone who had the same IMU error 25 with firmware 3.10 has successfully upgraded to 3.12 with no issues?

TIA Steve

I havent heard of any issues, however, 2 years with a Dji Phantom tells me to wait a couple months to upgrade. The upgrade doesnt give you any big features in my mind.

BlackTracer said:
Rumor has it that all causes of all flyaways are fixed with 3.12.

Wow!! All causes? So they figured out a way to eliminate pilot error?? :?

I installed it and have flown without incident. But then again, I can say the same thing about every update, even 3.10 (although I only got 2 flights in before they pulled it). I have never had any issues after an update. Just lucky I guess.

BlackTracer said:
You'd think DJI might have mentioned something like this. Truth is, this update appears to have nothing related to this.

Where have you heard these "rumors"?

Nothing posted on this site that I've seen.

eseckinger said:
I'm sure he's being sarcastic lol

I think so too, but on the other hand, DJI and many companies would not admit to such bugs more often than not. So there "could" be some secret bug fixes that we don't know are there. Similarly, they may have introduced new bugs, that we and they don't know are there until it's too late......*crash*

BlackTracer said:
By not permitting takeoffs? ;)

I was kidding. You would hope dji has a very comprehensive regression test. But I wouldn't count on it. 3.10 is the latest example that they don't. I still have not decided to move to 3.12 or not. I can't see any real benefit as 3.08 works very well for me. Don't want to risk new bugs as was mentioned.

SteveMann said:
BlackTracer said:
By not permitting takeoffs? ;)

Not around the Washington DC area anyway.

So in a sense and looking it in a "glass half full" persoective, they've fixed the cause of all flyaways for all owners intending to fly within a certain distance of Washington DC.

Hmmm well after reading this topic viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35983

I think I'm not going to bother risking it this time - it was such unecessary grief with the whole 3.10 update that I nearly was getting the Phantom ready for shipping back for repair..... because for a while no one knew it was just the crappy buggy firmware!

It just left the few poor sods with the error 25 issue hanging in... well, mid air so to speak ;-)

As history has it with DJI, I will wait to upgrade to 3.12 it is better to be safe than sorry. I don't plan on going to Washington D.C. nor would I ever wish to go, with a Phantom or without. As far as RTH I have lived this long without it, so I will wait a month or two and just read about all the issues, and learn from that. I am saving to buy a "Yuneec Q500" at any point fellow fliers I would be patient.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj