So My shell is cracking on top of the arm!!

Did you search for similar problems? It's quite common.
P.S. You photo doesn't show up for me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'd use some Gorilla Glue on it, put strong arm supports on it and call it good but you could also do that after DJI replaces the shell being that it's under warranty. 2 months old? Send it in.

Yup. Mine too. No crashes or heavy landings (which is the same thing, isn't it?). Apple replaced mine.

Chinese company's "bank" on fatigue and cracks so you buy spare parts, a normal chinese concept actually. The weaker it is the faster you will buy spare parts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Chinese company's "bank" on fatigue and cracks so you buy spare parts, a normal chinese concept actually. The weaker it is the faster you will buy spare parts.

Interesting. Who told you?

New shells. New motors and now new cracks.:eek:

I sent my Phantom in almost 2 months ago for cracks. Didn't cost me a dime, turn around time about 2 1/2 weeks.

Reactions: Reed L
I had a 28 day old advance with a Crack on the upper arm. I shipped it backed to Amazon and bought the eBay 799 professional. The shells on these birds are really flimsy.

I took a brand new professional with one flight on it and stripped it down to Nothing and used the Plast-aid product to strengthen the tops of the arms and the bottom of the arms and under the motors. That product is pretty amazing. It makes the whole arm assembly so much stiffer.

Attachments

• 20160308_054805.jpg
    20160308_054805.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 336
Yep mine was flying along fine, then i hand caught it and saw that same crack, i'm gonna e-mail em soon. I got others so its not priority but interesting to know its a common prob! I just assumed it was stressed cause i was loading it down with heavy external bats & trackers then pushing it out 7 miles!

Yep mine was flying along fine, then i hand caught it and saw that same crack, i'm gonna e-mail em soon. I got others so its not priority but interesting to know its a common prob! I just assumed it was stressed cause i was loading it down with heavy external bats & trackers then pushing it out 7 miles!

7 miles that would be severe consistent vibration for that duration

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj