So much for...

Jre

Reaction score
...the official (non-beta) lens profile in December.
...Ground Station in January.
...the tutorial videos.
...Colin Guinn.
...the lens filter adapter.
...an affordable 2-axis gimbal that's shipping now.

Jre said:
...the tutorial videos.
...Colin Guinn.

....I have the FC200 lens profile on my laptop
....DJI advised they are still working on ground station software as "wanted to make sure they got it right" (idiots crash these things now all over, without adding that to the mix) ;)
....have links to videos all over the planet for P2V use and mods
....Colin guinn - sales and marketing person (is millions of them out there) so is sort of no loss to much
....Installed DJI Lens filter kit and panasonic polarizer 46mm filter on my P2V last night ??
....www.droneexpert.nl is shipping gimbals now, rotorpixel.com looks set in next couple of weeks, plus other players are coming on scene ??

GMANNZ said:
Jre said:
...the tutorial videos.
...Colin Guinn.

....I have the FC200 lens profile on my laptop
....DJI advised they are still working on ground station software as "wanted to make sure they got it right" (idiots crash these things now all over, without adding that to the mix) ;)
....have links to videos all over the planet for P2V use and mods
....Colin guinn - sales and marketing person (is millions of them out there) so is sort of no loss to much
....Installed DJI Lens filter kit and panasonic polarizer 46mm filter on my P2V last night ??
....www.droneexpert.nl is shipping gimbals now, rotorpixel.com looks set in next couple of weeks, plus other players are coming on scene ??

...the last and only FC200 Lens Profile was released in November, which at that time they called it "beta" and that an official release would be in December. They have conveniently removed the "beta" part.
...I understand and appreciate that it can take some time to "get it right", especially with their history of "technical issues". However, they seem to throw out a lot of false promises with specific dates. I'd have more respect if they simply just said "we are working diligently on blah blah blah and hope to release it very soon. Will provide updates as they become available."
...I don't really have any use for the tutorials anymore, but they were pretty well produced and nice to have in one place on their web-site.
...Don't really care about CG anymore, especially considering his recent injuctions. This was mostly a pure sarcastic "so much for", since he seemed to present himself like he was going to pioneer us into the brave new world of all things DJI.
...Couldn't find where to buy the official lens filter adapter kit, other than http://1uas.com/Part-27-Phantom-2-Vision, but they are currently out of stock.
...The DRONExpert.nl gimbal isn't exactly affordable, and no solid release/shipping date & price for Rotorpixel gimbal yet.

Jre said:
...the last and only FC200 Lens Profile was released in November, which at that time they called it "beta" and that an official release would be in December. They have conveniently removed the "beta" part.
Yeah, companies that pre-announce release dates for *anything* are almost always lying. Partly our fault, since we demand they tell us well in advance. More companies should take a page from Apple, and not pre-announce any dates - until the product is finished and on its way to distribution channels - no matter how hard we beg them to.

BTW - the official release of the FC200 lens profile was on Dec. 11, 2013 - the release date for Adobe Camera Raw ver 8.3. The lens profile is officially an Adobe product, not a DJI one - although DJI provided us with beta-test access to it. It will need to be updated again of course - the first official release only supported JPEG images. The camera has since acquired DNG/RAW support, so the lens profile should be updated whenever Adobe releases ACR 8.4 (usually about twice a year for ACR releases).

jimre said:
BTW - the official release of the FC200 lens profile was on Dec. 11, 2013 - the release date for Adobe Camera Raw ver 8.3. The lens profile is officially an Adobe product, not a DJI one - although DJI provided us with beta-test access to it. It will need to be updated again of course - the first official release only supported JPEG images. The camera has since acquired DNG/RAW support, so the lens profile should be updated whenever Adobe releases ACR 8.4 (usually about twice a year for ACR releases).

Ah, so I'll need to update to ACR 8.3 to get the lens profile. I just went to their facebook and see the post on it now, but this information wasn't available on their website. Guess I'll need to rely more on their facebook page rather than their official website?

Jre said:
Ah, so I'll need to update to ACR 8.3 to get the lens profile. I just went to their facebook and see the post on it now, but this information wasn't available on their website. Guess I'll need to rely more on their facebook page rather than their official website?
Yes, that or Lightroom 5.3 (if you prefer Lightroom to Photoshop).

jimre said:

It's a very quick and simple edit to get the profile to support raw / dng....

gpauk said:
jimre said:

It's a very quick and simple edit to get the profile to support raw / dng....
Certainly - that works fine. But the original poster seemed more concerned about official release dates, thus my comment about ACR 8.4.

You can modify the lens profile on your own to support DNG and it works well in Lightroom 5. (probably other places as well)

You have to adjust the words in the files. There is a line that references DNG change it from "False" to "True" then close and save the file, restart Lightroom or camera raw.... you now have a profile for the DNG files as well.

jimre said:

On 22.1.2014 an employee of Photoshop Family, replied in an email to me:

"...we need a different profile to make it work correctly for DNG images. We'll be working on that soon. Stay tuned."

GMANNZ said:
Jre said:
...Couldn't find where to buy the official lens filter adapter kit, other than http://1uas.com/Part-27-Phantom-2-Vision, but they are currently out of stock.
quote]

I bought from http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-Spares/c-1-208/ - from UK to NZ took 4 days ... which suprised me

You can purchase the lens filter adapter kit here in the US from allerc.com. They are In Stock as of today. Here is the web page URL to order: http://www.allerc.com/dji-phantom-2-vis ... 6b00040fd5

Happy flying! :)

So how do you go into the Adobe file and adjust the words in the file? If I try to open the file I cannot.

ResevorDG said:
You can modify the lens profile on your own to support DNG and it works well in Lightroom 5. (probably other places as well)

You have to adjust the words in the files. There is a line that references DNG change it from "False" to "True" then close and save the file, restart Lightroom or camera raw.... you now have a profile for the DNG files as well.

tedw123 said:
So how do you go into the Adobe file and adjust the words in the file? If I try to open the file I cannot.

ResevorDG said:

Close photoshop, camera raw, and Lightroom
Find the file and select "open with" don't just double click.
On a Mac I used text mate. On a Microsoft thing I would guess you can use notebook the big thing is finding a word program that does not interpret any code and makes no autocorrect choices.
Change that one word.
Make sure you keep the quotes and capitols the same.
Close and save the file.
Restart camera raw or Lightroom.
If it was working for jpg before, It should now work for RAW.

I just saw this on another post

tedw123 wrote:
Thanks, although if I try to open the lcp file itself I cannot, Windows will not let me open the file to edit.

Windows will not edit that type of file natively, you need a editor program like 'FileViewPro'

ResevorDG said:

I would like to do this file mod but I can't find the file to modify. What is the name of the file I am looking for? Where would I find it?
On MAC using LR5.3
Thanks in advance for your help

fimfie said:
ResevorDG said:

I would like to do this file mod but I can't find the file to modify. What is the name of the file I am looking for? Where would I find it?
On MAC using LR5.3
Thanks in advance for your help

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8627&start=30

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj