so many questions and so few answers

Reaction score
I am trying to search but dont really find the answers im looking for so i apologize in advance. Im trying to put together my shopping list for a FPV set up for my P1.1.1 .

Question 1 - I thought i should be in the 5.8 GHz range but then i saw (on readymaderc.com) they seem to like the 1.3 GHz range better???? I dont see much talk about that on here so i figured i would ask would one work better than the other for me?

Question 2 - Im going to go with a monitor for the time being....but i would like to be able to use goggles down the road. Is there a monitor that lends its self to this set up better than others? I see some monitors have a dual receiver built in...I think i like that idea better because of a mix antenna set up

Question 3 - Im not looking to fly miles and miles away. But i would like to have a healthy range with my FPV set up. I hear antenna are VERY important with these set ups. I plan on going with the stock pole ones for the time being but will upgrade later. Suggestions on the upgraded antenna? What about mixing styles of antenna?

Thanks in advance for the help. Also I would like to keep it fairly cheap if possible to begin with (hence the upgrading antenna later). But i dont want to buy something and wish i had spent just a shade more on the next step up and be miles ahead. Really i would like to be in it in the $300 range to start...maybe up to $400. Also feel free to tell me im nuts on anything LOL

Chad

1. 1.3GHz will give longer range but the antennas are larger due to the increased wavelength. 1.3GHz tends to be more expensive and there aren't many screens or goggles with built in 1.3GHz receivers.

2. Most goggles can take an input from the output of the screen if you want to use the two together. I use a FlySight Black Pearl and it's excellent.

3. If you get a diversity receiver (such as the bacl pearl) then a skew planar and a patch on the screen will give you a good balance of direction and range. A cloverleaf on the air end. I use antennas I made myself for the skew and the cloverleaf. The spironet patch is from FatShark.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj