So Let me get this straight...

Reaction score
Everyone rushing to get their new P4 and no one can fly them yet until the app is updated? Bummer.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's allegedly being released on Monday. Just a few more days :)

Reactions: Jbundy63
I know there is a beta app out there. We've seen P4s flying & I've actually seen video of the app itself with the collision avoidance display. But where to get it? No biggie I have 5 other Phantoms to fly for now.

I have been debating the purchase, maybe selling my P3 (a couple of my friends want to buy it). I told them they would be better off buying a brand new one at the heavily discounted prices even though mine is only about a month old. I kinda like the idea of having two...but my wife thinks I should offset the cost by selling my P3. Wouldn't be the first time I didn't listen to her...

I have been debating the purchase, maybe selling my P3 (a couple of my friends want to buy it). I told them they would be better off buying a brand new one at the heavily discounted prices even though mine is only about a month old. I kinda like the idea of having two...but my wife thinks I should offset the cost by selling my P3. Wouldn't be the first time I didn't listen to her...

Everyone needs at least one backup bird! :D

There may be a mad rush for the P4s and the P3s when the app goes online. GoPro will come out with their drone sometime this year. I think DJI is trying to put nails on the coffin to solidify the market hold that they have. Every home needs a drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reading somewhere else that new p4 owners are able to fly and use the Dji go app making it think it's the inspire one.

Reading somewhere else that new p4 owners are able to fly and use the Dji go app making it think it's the inspire one.
Nope, get a activate aircraft warning, at least on iOS. Also recognizes it as the Tomato. The latest version of the Android app just crashes.

Everyone needs at least one backup bird! :D
But isn't poligamy illegal in your location? It has been here for longer than I have been single. Hahaha
I do have a bunch of extra drones though. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 462
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 398
Everyone rushing to get their new P4 and no one can fly them yet until the app is updated? Bummer.

Not a big deal.... Sort of like waiting until after marriage until the honeymoon night Monday.....lol

DJI rep on another site said the app should be out tomorrow. Hopefully optimistic.

I know there is a beta app out there. We've seen P4s flying & I've actually seen video of the app itself with the collision avoidance display. But where to get it? No biggie I have 5 other Phantoms to fly for now.

On iOS DJI distributes the builds through Apple's TestFlight. You'd need to be on the list, and DJI would add your iCloud/dev login to the list and you'd see the beta builds.

But isn't poligamy illegal in your location? It has been here for longer than I have been single. Hahaha
I do have a bunch of extra drones though. ;-)

RedHotPoker
Yeah, keep your birds well separated. They don't play well together! If they do, keep your mouth shut, and just enjoy it!:p

When the app goes live, those that already unboxed theirs will have the batteries charged, props installed and ready to fly.

Reactions: naamanf
When the app goes live, those that already unboxed theirs will have the batteries charged, props installed and ready to fly.

I'd be flying mine now, via VLOS, if I had it, after a compass calibration, without the app! I'd be recording video, too, just no FPV or telemetry to guide me. :D

I'd be flying mine now, via VLOS, if I had it, after a compass calibration, without the app! I'd be recording video, too, just no FPV or telemetry to guide me. :D
How would one do this? I've tried just about everything. It will not let me start the motors with or without the app running. Thanks

How would one do this? I've tried just about everything. It will not let me start the motors with or without the app running. Thanks

I would have thought you could simple start it up using the CSC.
Msinger has suggested that it might need to be registered first, which would require the app.
Not sure yet.
Test it!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj