So is it legal or not?

The FAA's entire philosophy with regard to commercial operations is they feel they are inherently more dangerous since you are more likely (in their view) to take chances when you are getting paid. Jim Williams said exactly this at the sUAS Expo in April in San Francisco.

So that is their mindset. Makes not a lick of sense to me, but that does not matter. All that matters is what THEY think.

SilentAV8R said:
I'm pretty sure Peter Sachs, Brendan Schulman, etc. do not work for free.
For the record, I do work for free. I've not made one cent from my drone advocacy. Unlike Brendan, I do not ever represent clients so there is no one for me to charge a fee to. I do this in the public interest. That said, Brendan is worth every penny he is paid.

petersachs said:
SilentAV8R said:
I'm pretty sure Peter Sachs, Brendan Schulman, etc. do not work for free.
For the record, I do work for free. I've not made one cent from my drone advocacy. Unlike Brendan, I do not ever represent clients so there is no one for me to charge a fee to. I do this in the public interest. That said, Brendan is worth every penny he is paid.

Well, then I stand corrected. I assumed your website and advocacy was not for compensation. My comments however, were directed mre to the point that if one were to find themselves sideways with the FAA most attorneys would charge them for representation.

The government will take away all of your rights if you let them. This is continued tyrrany of regulation, taxation and destruction of our freedoms. Collectively, the quad-copter community could fight against unlawful govt. control.
The FAA should protect their airspace, but not decide who can sell a photo from 20 foot elevation.

^Amen.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4