So im going to get a Phantom Adv. tommorrow!

Just a quick question how does the p3a stack up to the chroma? A guy at a shop talked horrible of dji on how bad there customer service is just talking really bad about it.. I'm like alright guy thanks! And left..

The Phantoms are in a class by themselves from a capability standpoint. This is mainly attributable to their Lightbridge technology. The Advanced is one hell of a deal right now and it can't really be beat for what you get for that price. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.

It is true DJi customer service is horrid but they do stand behind their products from a warranty standpoint. If it's under warranty they'll cover it as long as the issue wasn't caused by the owner. From what I have read they don't really push back all that much either. It may take many weeks to get your P3 back from warranty service and you may not receive any updates while it's gone. You will also not be told what they did to fix the issue. Sometimes you have to send it right back in for the same issue.

Their support either via email, phone or chat is pretty bad as well. You will likely spend hours waiting and once you get through to someone sometimes there is a language barrier or they simply tell you to do a gimbal calibration even though you called about something entirely different. Either way like I said they'll honor the warranty and let you send your P3 back to them for repair and they will cover the shipping but sometimes you have to demand that.

Reactions: CB7H22Los
I ordered my p3p on aliexp. I have waited 1 week for arrive and You know what? After arrive weather was bad for few days...then I got ill... And now? Still weather bad! So, don't get so nervous and inpatient, because there is still many things than can "destroy" first Flight :) my p3p is still in box! If You can believe :)

Wysłane z mojego Z30 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Weather be damned, you have an onboard flight SIM to practice with.
So feel better soon, though you can fly anytime, you wish, day or night. ;-)
Perhaps the best place to begin, right after you RTFM. Ha

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker
That's true...but for now, I dont have Android device. I have borrowed tablet from my wife just for activating p3. Now Im stuck with my BlackBerry and surley in short time I will order some Android device :) Wife is using device actively, so I cannot borrow anymore :D

Wysłane z mojego Z30 przy użyciu Tapatalka

is the device you use to fly used strictly for the drone or can you switch devices when you want? i have a note 5 but wanted to use my friends note tablet but it's an older tab so not sure if it will be optimal for flight?

RedHotPoker
Ow, and onboard SIM can be used only when drone is poweredup and connected. By now its in box, so I cannot use sim :(

Sent from BlackBerry Z30

is the device you use to fly used strictly for the drone or can you switch devices when you want? i have a note 5 but wanted to use my friends note tablet but it's an older tab so not sure if it will be optimal for flight?
Quite often, you will only be able to download the Go app, to a device if that model is suitable to use with your Phantom. I was originally thinking I could use my old iPad 3, but it wouldn't even take, at the time, the previous Pilot app. So I had to buy a newer iPad, with more processing ability. Everything works great for me, thankfully.
I know there is a work-around, to use tablets not listed or tested that work, but I wouldn't ever want to utilize a device that is barely good enough, even if it does connect. For a great experience, You need the processing power which will exceed the basic requirements.

RedHotPoker

I'm stoked!!!!!

Attachments

• 20160222_185929.jpg
    20160222_185929.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 335
So guys I'm not too happy but apparently from the video manual in the accessories box I'm missing the PROPELLER TOOL and some of the landing rubbers...this is what came in my packet.... also the warning labels that are on the motors 3 of them had them and one is missing...

Attachments

• 20160222_204856.jpg
    20160222_204856.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 318
Congrats, did you buy that drone box on eBay. Hahaha

Seriously now, you are in for a sweet time. Way to "Go"!!

Take it easy, fly on the onboard SIM, & read them flight manuals, atleast several times.
Become familiar with it, before you fly off, into the unknown. ;-)

Good luck, you are going to be even more happy. When you fly it.

RedHotPoker

So guys I'm not too happy but apparently from the video manual in the accessories box I'm missing the PROPELLER TOOL and some of the landing rubbers...this is what came in my packet.... also the warning labels that are on the motors 3 of them had them and one is missing...

The U-shaped white deal is the propeller tool. They stopped providing the metal wrench propeller tool with the new motors. Wrap that plastic one around the body of the motor and you have leverage to twist the props off. I wouldn't use it to tighten your props on though. Just use your hands for that. Spin them on and hand tighten snug. Don't tighten when the motors are warm though. They'll snug up more then but you don't want to do that.

I see white rubber gimbal dampeners there too. The black pads are replacement pads for the on the bottom of the landing legs.

It looks like you got everything.

Glad you posted a picture of the contents. I forgot I had those things, I've been so excited about the flying **** thing, lol.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get familiar with it. Personally I would upgrade all the firmware to the latest versions (P3, RC, Batteries). Like when I do IMU and Gimbal calibrations I do my firmware upgrades on a perfectly level surface. I figure it's the thorough thing to do.

I'd turn around and do the IMU and Gimbal calibration on a perfectly level surface. It helps if the P3 is cold before doing those calibrations. I don't know where you live and how cold it is there now but I simply take the battery out of the P3 and stick her in the fridge for 15 minutes. Then straight out onto a perfectly level surface to start her up and do the immediate calibrations. A colder IMU calibration like that will dramatically decrease the "warming up" time of your P3 when you first power it on wherever your flying.

You can wait to do your compass calibration out in the field. Just make sure your away from strong magnetic fields or heavy metallic objects. I take off my belt and watch etc.

Only after you've read up on everything like 3 times on how to use the P3 I'd check one critical thing your first flight. You don't have to go crazy to check if your gimbal is level to the horizon. Just go up 50ft or so and out slowly and watch your live feed on your tablet or phone. The horizon should stay pretty level. Yaw left then stop, yaw right then stop. The gimbal will drift a bit but should stay pretty level. As you get more comfortable keep an eye on it. Just remember the gimbal has a 6 month warranty. Also if it's really bad and you find it pretty quick then you might be able to return the P3 for another depending upon where you bought it.

Also don't forget there's a white foam block towards the back of the gimbal. You'll want to remove that. And yes there are only supposed to be two of those clear plastic pins installed through the white rubber gimbal dampeners not four. The ones in the bag are just spares. And to turn off the motors just hold your left stick all the way down after you have landed. They'll stop after 3 seconds. Do not use both sticks to turn off the motors like the manual says is an option. If you do that you will likely tip the P3 over.

I have had my P3A for 6 months and have had NO problems at all. I had a issue with downloading firmware and called and got a very competent young man and he answered my question and I am VERY happy with the total experience. DJI is number ONE for a reason.

It's 'all-ways' nice to hear some positive feedback from you boys here about @dji CS. Because CS are actually my initials. Hahaha
In the very distant future, if I should ever need their assistance, it's awfully good to know, they will be there, ready to respond, in kind. ;-)

I always thought or knew, Align helicopters were number one. Well they are, true. But that's in the RC helicopter market. Yes, awesome Align Definately does rule the heli roost.
They also happen to have incredible customer service. Bar none!!

RedHotPoker

Congrats. As far as I opened my box, there where no any rubbers. This what You stated on last picture are rubbers for gimbal (spare parts). And this big plastic is....i event dont know what this is, but I have it :)

Sent from BlackBerry Z30

That's your motor vice... Hahaha
To help remove your over tightened rotor blades. RTFM? ;-)
What's in the box list should have a description.

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers