So im going to get a Phantom Adv. tommorrow!

Reaction score
can't wait to pick one up!! i have a cheapy propel drone that i used to atleast get sorta a hang of things looking forward to the phantom! i wanted to ask a question .. i read that there are different versions that have more efficient motors? is there a certain model # i should look for? Thanks!

Reactions: rene van der meer
can't wait to pick one up!! i have a cheapy propel drone that i used to atleast get sorta a hang of things looking forward to the phantom! i wanted to ask a question .. i read that there are different versions that have more efficient motors? is there a certain model # i should look for? Thanks!
No different versions. DJI changed the motors midway through the production run and the marketing department came up with the "more efficient" thing but there's no difference in performance that you'd notice. Both are just fine.
Here's a post explaining the real differences from someone that knows what he's talking about.
New or old motors phantom 3

Reactions: CB7H22Los
Here are the two different motor designs:

imageuploadedbyphantompilots-dji-phantom-forum1443845769-068556-jpg.32583

Both seem to perform equally, so I wouldn't stress too much over which version you get.

I was very disappointed about the standard 4K. I have 2 times problems with the drone. First the camera was out of focus and then flight not straight forward. And the view on my iPad is 480p first time I think is just fine. But then I saw the live view lightbridge 720p much clearly and better view. I heard some people's have issues with new FW 1.6.0040 update?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I also practiced first with a cheapy drone.
Besides a new type motor, there is a new model shell and new versions remote controller. I would recommend buying a GL300B or C type controller, because you can update them from the App.

I would recommend buying a GL300B or C type controller, because you can update them from the App.
You can update all remote controllers from the app after installing 1.3.2.

Lol I just got my pro. It's awesome! I had the advanced for a few weeks and the only problem I had was the camera was tilted just a hair. I've heard that a lot of p3a owners have this but it's easy to fjx. Good luck!

I ordered my p3p on aliexp. I have waited 1 week for arrive and You know what? After arrive weather was bad for few days...then I got ill... And now? Still weather bad! So, don't get so nervous and inpatient, because there is still many things than can "destroy" first Flight :) my p3p is still in box! If You can believe :)

Wysłane z mojego Z30 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Just a quick question how does the p3a stack up to the chroma? A guy at a shop talked horrible of dji on how bad there customer service is just talking really bad about it.. I'm like alright guy thanks! And left..

Anyway most drones campaign are more worst 3dr solo they never reply emails. DJI improve by day and days. That why i bought by dealer not directly at dji online shop.

Just a quick question how does the p3a stack up to the chroma? A guy at a shop talked horrible of dji on how bad there customer service is just talking really bad about it.. I'm like alright guy thanks! And left..
There are lots of people that have a thing about loving to hate DJI.
But they are the market leaders by a huge margin because no-one else can match them for performance or price.
A quick scan of the specs for the Chroma
shows it to be slightly faster than the Phantom but way behind in everything else.
It's really hard for any wifi drone to compete with the Lightbridge of the P3

Reactions: John Locke
Yeah, I was telling the guy by comparisons.. he was like we'll it's much cheaper and gets much better flight time.. I'm like alright buddy you sound like a paid advertiser from Chroma.

Just buy the phantom 3 advance or pro. The pro comes with 4K cam. Is good when u crop it and slightly better quality when u downscaling to 1080p than normally 1080p. U have much pixels to play with. Lightbridge is awesome! And u get by pro also 100W adapter. I bought my p3p at good dealer I can always go back to them first if I have problems they changed.

Reactions: ALL e RC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20