So... If you Lost your P2V+ today.. What would you get? ..Why?

Reaction score
So.. The thread on longevity got me Wondering.. What is the Lifespan of a Phantom? I fly over water daily. A local store here sells Blade products.. But Ive never seen any stores in Any city with actual DJI products for sale.. I went to my local store.. to just look around.. and saw a Yuneec 500+ I think, in the actual flesh.. It looked kinda cool.. but.. After meeting a guy in town just by chance with a phantom 3.. who didnt even really know who to fly it.. and, he just happened to mention that it was his SIXTH "drone" in the 3 mos..he's been in the hobby...

It kinda got me thinking...
Im not so sure that Just HAVE to HAVE a P3 now... since I just didnt seem to find it THAT much different than my P2V+ v.3
and if I lost my P2 maybe I might feel like I need to 'step up'

what do you guys think?

A P3 Standard is closer to a P2V+ than the other P3's. If you're looking for a P2V+, you can buy mine :)

For me? I would first buy a used P2V+.

Because... once you fly using a two-drone system, I guarantee you will not want to go back to flying just one drone.

From there? I'll be working on enabling the Phantom 3 Standard to be part of a two-drone system too.

Good question. Since I own 2 P2v+ I would have to really think about it since I have a lot of components and spare parts. But I think I would have to try the P3 standard and compare the two. Right now the P3 would come up short as the app is lacking with the GS, follow me and the POI. I do quite a bit of autonomous flying with way points.

I lost my first P2v+ to a seagull attack a couple of months ago. And.. I got another P2v+ :)
Now I was finally able to get the first one back together again and now I have 2 and I'm loving it.
Here is why I bought a second P2v+:

- First of all I already have a lot of accessories for it, including batteries.
- The alternative, a P3 is not as well tested as a P2v+ v3. So they have more bugs.
- The alternative, a P3 has a all-in-one circuit board. So if you fry one little thing like an ESC, you have to buy an entire board.
- Parts for the The alternative, a P2v+ are cheap.
- I have an itelite antenna on me Tx so I get more range than a P3.
- CAMERA: the problem with most phantoms is they are tied to one camera. And cameras get obsolete very fast. Son instead of having to change drone everytime a new camera is out there, I now fixed my first P2v+ and got a gimbal and a GoPro on it. I can always upgrade the gopro and use the same flight platform. Being a Vison, I gone and done the FPV hack. I can get the image of the gopro on the DJI app, and don't need an external FPV system. Best of both worlds: an upgradable camera, and no external FPV.
So now I have a almost stock P2v+, and a Pimped up 4K long range P2v+ with gopro.

Reactions: JoeSchmoe
I lost my first P2v+ to a seagull attack a couple of months ago. And.. I got another P2v+ :)
Now I was finally able to get the first one back together again and now I have 2 and I'm loving it.
Here is why I bought a second P2v+:

- First of all I already have a lot of accessories for it, including batteries.
- The alternative, a P3 is not as well tested as a P2v+ v3. So they have more bugs.
- The alternative, a P3 has a all-in-one circuit board. So if you fry one little thing like an ESC, you have to buy an entire board.
- Parts for the The alternative, a P2v+ are cheap.
- I have an itelite antenna on me Tx so I get more range than a P3.
- CAMERA: the problem with most phantoms is they are tied to one camera. And cameras get obsolete very fast. Son instead of having to change drone everytime a new camera is out there, I now fixed my first P2v+ and got a gimbal and a GoPro on it. I can always upgrade the gopro and use the same flight platform. Being a Vison, I gone and done the FPV hack. I can get the image of the gopro on the DJI app, and don't need an external FPV system. Best of both worlds: an upgradable camera, and no external FPV.
So now I have a almost stock P2v+, and a Pimped up 4K long range P2v+ with gopro.
You had me at ' Seagull Attack'! What? Any vid of that action? Second, which itelite antenna are you using? I'm also fling the P2v+ v3.

A crazy seagull came out of nothing and striked at one of the props.. I was too low, no time to correct... It was over dome docks, to the Phantom crashed on a stone ground and tilted to the river... The last moments of the video were gone :S
I was in the middle of a big job so I had to buy another phantom to finish the job right away..
But.. 2 days later with my first flight with the new P2v+, on another location 20 km from that one I got this:.. Another seagull chase!!! This time I could get away but you can still see the birds trying to get me:

I'd wait for GoPro UAV which is expected to launch next year: P3 is tempting, but I had a lot of quality issues with my P2V+, so decided to stay away from dji for some time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20