So I switched off my remote and tried return to home....

Reaction score
Out in a big field, I got the Phantom about 50' away, maybe 20-30' up. I switched off the controller and saw the status indicator light immediately start to blink rapidly (Yellow I think?)

I was expecting the Phantom to pop up, return to home and land.

Instead, it popped up, returned to the home location, and then proceeded to come down to maybe 10'. Then it circled my son and I. Twice. Then it proceeded to fly about 20' away from the home position and start to land.

When it landed, it came down pretty aggressively and bounced a few times. Once it started to settle, I figured that was it, but it managed to flip itself up onto the top, gear up, rotors down.

Here's where it got interesting. I ran over and grabbed the landing skid and picked up the Phantom, which I can only assume thought it must be airborne again because the props immediately spun up to a high speed.

So kids, remember, just cause the props aren't spinning, doesn't mean the **** thing can't decide to turn back on. Luckily no one was hurt, including the Phantom.

Does this mean the "home position" was not set? Or not active? Hmmm...

Out in a big field, I got the Phantom about 50' away, maybe 20-30' up. I switched off the controller and saw the status indicator light immediately start to blink rapidly (Yellow I think?)

I was expecting the Phantom to pop up, return to home and land.

Instead, it popped up, returned to the home location, and then proceeded to come down to maybe 10'. Then it circled my son and I. Twice. Then it proceeded to fly about 20' away from the home position and start to land.

When it landed, it came down pretty aggressively and bounced a few times. Once it started to settle, I figured that was it, but it managed to flip itself up onto the top, gear up, rotors down.

Here's where it got interesting. I ran over and grabbed the landing skid and picked up the Phantom, which I can only assume thought it must be airborne again because the props immediately spun up to a high speed.

So kids, remember, just cause the props aren't spinning, doesn't mean the **** thing can't decide to turn back on. Luckily no one was hurt, including the Phantom.

Try reading the user manual in detail...

This thread is older than dirt. OP was flying an original Phantom.

Today's satellite positioning ability and RTH are rock solid.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj