So I returned the phantom advanced today

Reaction score
Part of me is very sad and part of me is relieved very expsive hobby for me. every time I fly it I was worried about crashing maybe to much l. Almost took the fun out of it. And the attention you would get with it I hated it couldn't fky no where with out some asking you the same questions over and over. I miss her already though mixed feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Part of me is very sad and part of me is relieved very expsive hobby for me. every time I fly it I was worried about crashing maybe to much l. Almost took the fun out of it. And the attention you would get with it I hated it couldn't fky no where with out some asking you the same questions over and over. I miss her already though mixed feelings.

Did you at least got your full money back ?

not a hobby for everyone if it scares you to fly then you made a good choice have to be comfortable will doing it

not a hobby for everyone if it scares you to fly then you made a good choice have to be comfortable will doing it
Very true. I'll be back I think very addicting

I'm sure you will come back with more confidence and may be with a new model.

Reactions: meissner58
There is a simple cure for fear of flying (crashing), Buy a flight SIM. My suggestion would be www.realflight.com
They recently brought out a drone specific version, which should appeal to you.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: meissner58
Thanks poker. Have a question the quality of the Dji def is great but I almost wish it didn't use the phone I get a text message or a phone call and it almost causes you to crash. Are there any droins out there that are as good and don't use the phone ?

Thanks poker. Have a question the quality of the Dji def is great but I almost wish it didn't use the phone I get a text message or a phone call and it almost causes you to crash. Are there any droins out there that are as good and don't use the phone ?

You could just put your phone into airplane mode. Boom, no distractions.

Reactions: RBT Data
Jesse:
You might want to check out the latest from Yuneec, the Typhoon H drone. The reviewer, from Rotor Drone mag. says " finally, a choice that matches or betters the Phantom 3,4's".
The initial package is pretty complete & as for a monitor, the transmitter has a built in 7" screen.
I;ve looked at 3-4 reviews & all were drooling over this new drone & all mention the great after sales support.

Jesse James strikes again ! :D

Go fly on agricultural fields, there are 0 peoples there, nice videos and if you crash it will be on wheat, corn, rapeseed, anyway Phantom will survive.

Maybe pick yourself up a Hubsan and learn to fly really well in full manual mode. That's where I started, and I found it really helped learn the flying skills before investing in the expensive drones.

It definitely takes time to build confidence in your own skills and also confidence in the technology itself. It's hard to believe that you can control something a few miles away, and it will actually come back...

I've just started flying my phantom FPV, and I realized I almost have to start over again with learning the fly. It's tricky when you can't reference where you are with respect to the objects around. Then to pull off the goggles and not see it!! ...but it's there...somewhere. hahaha

I honestly felt the same way as you. I will say your always going to have curious people around. Although not recommended, I fly alot over water. Along shorelines etc. Better range and less interference. ALOT of these guys in this room gave me the knowledge and confidence in flying my quad. I still at times get nervous shakes but key thing for me is to remain calm during flight. I have a few really good videos now and have really takin a love for the hobby. I listen to what everyone says and screenshot things that I really need to remember. I started flying Micros then moving to larger quads to really get the feeling for them first. I also fly rc planes. This was intimidating for me at first because of all the things you need to learn but I seriously wouldn't have it any other way. Big thank you to everyone who has ever takin any time out of your day to help us. Good luck to you in the future . I fly a P3P and I won't be buying anything else anytime soon!

One of my first videos along the shores of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee. I'm sure there's many others with much better quality but it was my first and the ONE video I completely did on my own . It is the reason why I'm doing it! Always looking for that one awesome shot or place to shoot some video. I'm sure for alot of us it's opened our eyes to the greater things on this planet .

Watch the door doesn't bang ur *** on the way out

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj