So, I messed up not buying the extra battery for $69.00

Reaction score
So,
I screwed up, not buying the P2V Plus without the extra battery for 1369 vs 1299.00. Now Im looking at the battery price for an extra one and its 159.00 seems like everywhere. So, I was almost going to buy an aftermarket battery that is 5400 mah but I saw a video of someone testing it and it seems like DJI purposefully updated the software not to work with that battery. Does anyone know where I can get an original battery for less than 159.00. Im just wondering why they sell it so cheap when you first buy the drone and why the discrepancy in price, 69 > 159.00. If anyone knows where i can get one for a reasonable price or has one they didn't use private message me at [email protected]. I'd like to buy one. Wondering what others thing of this battery ripoff situation.

They offered you a battery for $69, you refused, now they are ripping you off because you can't buy one for $69? Okay.

abacus01 said:
So,
I screwed up, not buying the P2V Plus without the extra battery for 1369 vs 1299.00. Now Im looking at the battery price for an extra one and its 159.00 seems like everywhere. So, I was almost going to buy an aftermarket battery that is 5400 mah but I saw a video of someone testing it and it seems like DJI purposefully updated the software not to work with that battery. Does anyone know where I can get an original battery for less than 159.00. Im just wondering why they sell it so cheap when you first buy the drone and why the discrepancy in price, 69 > 159.00. If anyone knows where i can get one for a reasonable price or has one they didn't use private message me at [email protected]. I'd like to buy one. Wondering what others thing of this battery ripoff situation.

:cry: nothing can be said :cry: :cry: :cry:

the battery alone is fixed priced eventhough in Malaysia. it cost MYR500.00+(>USD160.00) over here. I bought my P2V+ with the extra battery and purchase additional battery at the same time and hopefully I can get it at the same USD69 offer...NOOOooooo..its the >USD160 price tag..huhuhu..i bought the extra battery at that price any way huhuhu.

I have never bought a Lipo at that high price before :cry: so they better last long with good, stable(discharge) performance throughout.

I have seen reports of some people talking their way into the extra battery deal after the fact with their vendor. You might want to try that route first. I'm down to one now after a crash rendered my spare useless and it sucks! Don't know what you got until it's gone:(

Yeah I think that was a big mistake. Even though I already have 2 batteries from my P2V, I ordered the P2V+ with 2 more to take advantage of the discount. The only downside with these batteries is the price. I have over 50 flights on each of my old ones and they work great. In the P2V days some were lucky enough to score a free extra one, but I paid $160 or whatever. Pay up - you really want to have at least 2 batteries. They are not ripping you off. It's a hell of a battery.

Hii, did you try contacting who you bought the Phantom from? Most of the dealers are pretty nice and will let you buy the battery for the $69 as long as you call them within a week or something I'm sure. I was able to contact ushobby.com (Great service btw) after I already paid/placed my order and they were fine with letting me add the battery on after.

This exact same thing happened to me. I contacted the seller and they were gracious enough to sell me one for the discounted price + shipping. +1 for Jonathon at DronesEtc.

I will just buy one from ebay. Im not on great terms with the guy that sold it to me and i don't think he had that deal anyway..no biggie...i was just wondering bout the price on these.

yeah, so we know that the price of the battery alone is practically the same worldwide..i believe its a good battery system and likely worth the price, maybe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers