So I love my new Phantom 2, BUT....

Reaction score
....These battery charge times are killing me! Two plus hours!....ugh!

IS there any relief in sight???

What to do when you have fully charged batteries and can't go fly? I have a fleet of top notch battery chargers, and can't use any of them for a single thing with this bird, including "Store" charging/discharging them. I know it is bad to keep charged Lipos sitting around, so its driving me nuts that I have absolutely NO way to discharge them, short of flying them off.

Why does no one think of this stuff when manufacturing them?

Has anyone found any kind of solution to this?

Take the props off and turn it on. Let it discharge by itself or pretend your flying to discharge faster.

Or you could leave the props on and tie the phantom down or weight it down with a heavy bar thru the landing gear. Then you can load the motors to drawn the battery down much faster. It's also a great way to watch and listen for any irregularities in the motors especially if done under fluorescent lighting. You can spot a bad bearing/motor this way also.

Someone on rcgroups.com built a battery discharging setup to deal with this. It's in the huge P2 owners thread.

I try not to leave my batteries fully charged for more than a few days, but I will never get around to charging them to 50%. I'll leave them at around 20% for a day or two and then charge them when I think I'll be flying soon. Not sure what damage that is doing but the 50% just isn't going to happen unless it was built-in to the battery or the charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik