So frustrating!

Reaction score
Went out for a flight today, I wanted to get a couple of shots of the incoming storm. I wanted to shoot from the top of a huge rock out here.. so I drove out to my spot, hiked for about 30 minutes and hiked this big *** rock.. just to find out I left my sd cards at home!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went out for a flight today, I wanted to get a couple of shots of the incoming storm. I wanted to shoot from the top of a huge rock out here.. so I drove out to my spot, hiked for about 30 minutes and hiked this big *** rock.. just to find out I left my sd cards at home!!!!!!

Sorry, but I laughed. Did you still fly?

Lol, a selfie with the storm from your cell phone would have sufficed us
Or did you forget that too?:p

You could have did a live stream to Facebook or something else so it wasn't a total waste. If you have spares, you could always tape one to the bottom of the controller for the next time it happens.

You could have did a live stream to Facebook or something else so it wasn't a total waste. If you have spares, you could always tape one to the bottom of the controller for the next time it happens.

Tried to stream but had no coverage there... that's great advice to tape one!!!

so no video of you drop kicking your phantom off a cliff?

L3 I feel your pain. I do a lot of nature photography with a normal camera, and have pressed the button a hundred times and saw that Message of D O O M rather than hearing that fake shutter sound. Like after waiting 2 hours for an Eagle to show up at the nest.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
I never done this 10 times either ;). I don't take my SD card out anymore and just use a USB cable to manage the card.

I don't believe you were ever there since there is no proof.

Having about a 16 or 32 gig internal storage was an idea I put forward in a thread many months ago for what the next generation Phantom should have. I can't remember the poster, but he/she was adamant against that idea for some reason I can't remember now. I think it may have been the added cost. I have no idea how much adding some type of memory would add to the price of a drone, but it has to be worth it in situations like this playing out many times all over the world.

The quad will still record video to your tablet if you have it enabled.. Why not just use that? Def not the best footage but surly it would be more clear then trying to record live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean like video cache to the tablet right? I wondered about that but there's nothing since I couldn't actually hit the record button.. it only caches if ur actually recording.. silly!

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
You mean like video cache to the tablet right? I wondered about that but there's nothing since I couldn't actually hit the record button.. it only caches if ur actually recording.. silly!

Does it? ****. Lol. Guess I wouldn't know cuz I have yet to forget my sd card :p but I'm sure it will happen soon! Only a matter of time haha

Seriously tho that does sucks man. :/Maybe from now on always try to keep a backup card with you, even if it's not a very large one or good one, maybe just one to throw in your backpack or case.. And only use it for emergencys

Update* I just realized that my GoPro was in my backpack.. which had an sd in it!

The quad will still record video to your tablet if you have it enabled.. Why not just use that? Def not the best footage but surly it would be more clear then trying to record live

you sure?
I don't think it lets you push a record button
It tells me when I have a full memory card and it won't let me record anything further

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan