So frustrated:(

I'm going to take a turn & suggest that before you abandon or return you should definitely try a different SD card. Is the SD card your using now within the requirements of DJI recommended specs? Before opening things up or packaging up you baby run out to walgreen, best buy, walmart etc & pick up a new clean SD card. I suggest springing the extra few bucks for a good quality UHS-3 Class 10 Ultra. walgreens might sound silly but my local stores almost always have sales on micro ad's.
Start over fresh with the new card & go back to the beginning. Just my humble opinion but i haven't heard what SD card your using currently. A chance it is all due to the SD class & specs.

Best of luck, updating firmware always seems to test all of our patience at some point!! I spent 4 hours when my my new P3P arrived just trying to figure out the firmware situation:confused:

Thanks , I used the 8Gb SD card that came with the drone as well as a 64 Gb Sandisk that I purchased too . I don't mind spending a few quid if that sorts it , any particular brand to go for ? (I'm in the UK ) .

Thanks , I used the 8Gb SD card that came with the drone as well as a 64 Gb Sandisk that I purchased too . I don't mind spending a few quid if that sorts it , any particular brand to go for ? (I'm in the UK ) .

So my thoughts for the records.
I am thinking from the conservation, you have never been able to even try to do a firmware update because it always says SD card is invalid?

If I am correct, that would mean that your problem has nothing to do with a firmware update failure?

Just want to make sure..
If you answer yes on both questions..
Send it back.
:(

Rod

Reactions: Winelad
So my thoughts for the records.
I am thinking from the conservation, you have never been able to even try to do a firmware update because it always says SD card is invalid?

If I am correct, that would mean that your problem has nothing to do with a firmware update failure?

Just want to make sure..
If you answer yes on both questions..
Send it back.
:(

Rod
Yes and yes Rod . Jessops have taken it straight back. I will now start over again to see if I can take my first flight .

Cool, let us know, turn the frown upside down!

UPDATE .................................. Hi Guys , DOA hits the nail on the head . Took the drone back to Jessops on Friday and no quibble exchange . Charged up the unit on Friday night and Saturday and Sunday took my virgin flights ! Absolutely loved it .
Thanks for all your support , so excited to get back out again now .

Alan

Incidentally - when I unboxed the new drone - it worked as soon as I was charged up and the 64Gb Sandisk worked no problem too . Definitely looks like a rogue drone somehow , thanks anyway .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers