So far so good

Reaction score
Well I got it today.

Took it for 1st flight, nothing silly, just getting the feel of it and the application.

Very pleased with video quality (I bought the advanced).

The manual does need some work to answer some of the questions I have asked today.
A lot of undocumented features.

Took it to 500m away no problems, 100% signal strength still.
approx 20 mins flight time before i got 30% battery warning and then it seemed to go down very quickly after that. It was gentle flying so expect that figure to drop when I zoom around a bit more.

I hope the batteries ship soon.

So, when did the signal strength start to drop below 100%? How far did you have to go to get it to drop and by how much?

So, when did the signal strength start to drop below 100%? How far did you have to go to get it to drop and by how much?

I noticed a drop of a bar or 2 @ 5000 ft, lost connection @ 5600 ft but was behind some trees and a giant smoke stack.

I noticed a drop of a bar or 2 @ 5000 ft, lost connection @ 5600 ft but was behind some trees and a giant smoke stack.

What about obstructions? Could you fly out 1/2 mile and drop down behind trees/houses and keep strong signal?

What about obstructions? Could you fly out 1/2 mile and drop down behind trees/houses and keep strong signal?

Don't really know. I took off from a park down the street from my house and flew @ 1000 ft to my house and hovered over my driveway about 60 feet up. There were trees and houses between.

That's impossible for anyone to answer for certain.
Every obstacle is different, and one persons experience could be greatly different from the next.
Also other interference sources in that area will play a factor, which will very from location to location.

My theory of knowledge does not require complete certainty. ;)

I find the P3 to be VERY line of sight picky. I can be out 2k feet with perfect signal. As soon as it passes behind a building or I turn so that I'm not facing the drone, it drops out completely. The 100% signal is very deceiving. It's 100% until it's 20% and then 0%.

I find the P3 to be VERY line of sight picky. I can be out 2k feet with perfect signal. As soon as it passes behind a building or I turn so that I'm not facing the drone, it drops out completely. The 100% signal is very deceiving. It's 100% until it's 20% and then 0%.
I've see mine usually drop from 100 to 20. Not usually in between. So far I think this might be radio interference. I'm waiting to take it out away from anything to test.

I've see mine usually drop from 100 to 20. Not usually in between. So far I think this might be radio interference. I'm waiting to take it out away from anything to test.
For me it's pretty clearly aligned to something passing between me and the drone. I have lost connection while within a few feet of my controller though and in those cases, I'm starting to suspect radio interference because I'd forgotten to put the tablet into airplane mode and I'm surrounded by houses that are probably loaded with 2.4ghz devices. That looks different though. That isn't a drop to 20% signal, that's a complete "disconnected" message.

Flying behind anything on a V+ was an impossibility if you wanted to maintain control. The fact that we can even say "I lost connection a mile away behind a smoke stack" is pretty amazing to me and speaks volumes to the tech behind Lightbridge.

FWIW, I've flown a few thousand feet in a park facing the opposite direction to the bird's flight path and did not lose connection. I'd surmise the dropped connections you're experiencing has to do w/ rf interference. Just my .02

Flying behind anything on a V+ was an impossibility if you wanted to maintain control. The fact that we can even say "I lost connection a mile away behind a smoke stack" is pretty amazing to me and speaks levels to the tech behind Lightbridge.

FWIW, I've flown a few thousand feet in a park facing the opposite direction to the bird's flight path and did not lose connection. I'd surmise the dropped connections you're experiencing has to do w/ rf interference. Just my .02

Who knows. I live in a river valley surrounded by all the wireless routers in the world. All of them. Also, it's a valley.

But at the end of the day, yeah, Lightbridge is stupidly amazing. I feel like I've launched a probe to Mars when it flies off into the distance with my only remaining connection left to it being a 7" screen with a crisp 720p feed. The reaction I get when people come up and see no quad but see me controlling something and then look at the screen is worth the price alone. It's usually followed by some words like "Holy $*** THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!". Never gets old.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31