So far I'm 0 for 1 with the Titan Atlas antenna system...

Reaction score
My 2.4 module came with a missing metal pin (pictured below) that allows the whip antenna to make contact. They're sending a replacement module, and said I could run the antenna whips straight without the amplifier module, which I tried in both 2.4, and 5.8, and absolutely could not get a solid signal. The installation went smooth, and I'm confident I didn't break anything or screw something up. The modification is a one way street, and if it doesn't work, you're stuck with a dead RC, and no warranty, or Aftercare. I'll update after the new module arrives, probably on Monday or Tuesday. I'll do what I can to help save someone else from a very expensive mistake if this doesn't work.
IMG_0020.JPG

P.S. A replacement RC is $320 FWIW, good times.
I was told I could fly without the amp, and just the whips, and honestly it seems like a more robust system than the stock antennas, but I'm only able to get 3000ft before I loose signal, both in 2.4 and 5.8. If my replacement amp works as promised, I'll go for the 5.8 amp as well, but at this point it's not looking promising.

Last edited:
I am confident that James at Titan will make sure you are a satisfied customer. I have the switch system and it works well.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Thank you both for the replies, and yes, he's sending a replacement amp right away. However, my fear is that somehow I managed to screw something up during the installation, because it's performing so poorly with just the whip antennas.

P.S. again, if the replacement works, I'll be more than happy to send him more money for the 5.8 setup, so I'll be covered for any circumstances.

It is possible something happened during the install. When I bought my system I decided to purchase a new RC from him and let him do the install. I wanted to keep one of my RCs stock. James has always answered all my questions and even sent free antenna stabilizers. I have the Conquer and the Atlas system, both give me more distance than my batteries can handle and a very strong signals in congested areas. Good luck and keep us posted.

Reactions: Ripper7620
It is possible something happened during the install. When I bought my system I decided to purchase a new RC from him and let him do the install. I wanted to keep one of my RCs stock. James has always answered all my questions and even sent free antenna stabilizers. I have the Conquer and the Atlas system, both give me more distance than my batteries can handle and a very strong signals in congested areas. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you, will do!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures