So close to fixing Phantom 2 after Crash/getting wet

Reaction score
After a few uneventful initial flights with my new Phantom, I had problems on take off and was too close to water.

It was only wet for less than 5 seconds in fresh water but was close to submerged. Initially nothing worked, then slowly after drying and cleaning, the motors started coming back. Even the gimbal is now working. Now 3 days later, everything is working except for 1 motor and its corresponding indicator light (it is the gray propeller nearest battery). A few times the indicator light lit up green for that motor than slowly faded to nothing.

I opened the top to make sure there are no loose connections going to that motor, but that is the extent of my knowledge looking underneath the cover.

I would pay to get it repaired but my dealer (drones etc) told me to contact DJI. And I emailed DJI 3 days ago with no reply.

Any suggestions on my next step to try to fix myself or send somewhere to get fixed would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I am a total newbie and I reside in Florida.

Someone else posted this before about a similar crash in water issue, and I have first hand experience with bringing back go pro's and iPhones with it: put that puppy in a big back of rice and wait a day or 3...it's a natural desiccant. Should dry it out, and if it doesn't, you can order new motors to solder in.. 24-28$ each.. -not too bad.

I'd take the props off and wrap the whole thing in a some kind of breathable mesh, or even pantyhose to keep the rice out of the electronics, but put it in a big bag of rice..

if you do get it running, I wouldn't fly it until you recalibrate and check everything with the DJi assistant.. Then, I'd fly it pretty cautiously, away from water for a couple batteries and see how she runs.. good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj