Smoother turns

Reaction score
newbie with P2. Have had it a bit and alls well....

I want to force my spins left and right to be less harsh... is this called "gains" ? ... any tutorials or suggestions on settings? where to set? best setting for smoother videos?

I've been told that the gain setting on yaw is only effective in GPS mode for auto correction. Changing the yaw setting doesn't affect rate of rotation when signal is from transmitter. I have tried setting the yaw gain very low but that didn't seem to change anything. (FC40 Phantom)

I would say you need some expo on the yaw stick to slow the initial movement down - but the standard Phantom transmitter can't be programmed for that, you need something like a Futaba or a Taranis.
Cheers, Adrian.

Just move the control stick less or more slowly to the right or left. Getting smooth flight control comes with experience and involves the use of very fine motor skills.

Unfortunately there is no adjustment for the yaw on input from you.
You can adjust the pitch and roll by using "attitude" but nothing for the yaw.
The attitude adjustments are for the sensitivity of your commands from the transmitter.
The basic gain adjustments are for the gps and attitude control of the phantom from the flight controler.

The default gain if selected is a good starting place. I would, however, lower the attitude gains to somewhere between 100-175. I find the default of 260 is way too much and makes the phantom very sensitive pitch and roll inputs.

Tom

Another option, provided you have the physical capabilities, is to lengthen the sticks themselves.

Many Txs' have this capability built in. The stock DJI's don't.

I have not looked into replacing the stock ones so I do not know if something off-the-shelf is available or if it is even possible with these Txs.

tom3holer said:
The attitude adjustments are for the sensitivity of your commands from the transmitter.
The basic gain adjustments are for the gps and attitude control of the phantom from the flight controler.

The default gain if selected is a good starting place. I would, however, lower the attitude gains to somewhere between 100-175. I find the default of 260 is way too much and makes the phantom very sensitive pitch and roll inputs.

Tom

is the "attitude the left and right ; not the spin?

N017RW said:
Another option, provided you have the physical capabilities, is to lengthen the sticks themselves.

You can lengthen the sticks on the DJI TX.

Attachments

• photo-10.JPG
    photo-10.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 450
Well there you go xgeek!

Thanks.

I tried and gave up fearing the worst.

It's just like I'd experienced and expected.

I think others may benefit too.

Done and done.

tebowner said:
tom3holer said:

Tom

No, attitude is as I said above, Pitch and Roll.
The correct term is Yaw not spin and no there is no adjustment for that unfortunately.
You need a look at the manual and try and familiarize yourself with the terms, it will make it easier when you need help.
We are all here to try and help. It is a learning curve to fly one of these things proficiently.

Tom

I'm not going to criticize anyone who corrects someone else in order to help them communicate better, although I know that's very popular here!

Instead, I will tell the OP that I ended up going with a Futaba tx/rx and that has allowed me to get the more filmic pans.

tom3holer said:
tebowner said:
tom3holer said:

Tom

No, attitude is as I said above, Pitch and Roll.
The correct term is Yaw not spin and no there is no adjustment for that unfortunately.
You need a look at the manual and try and familiarize yourself with the terms, it will make it easier when you need help.
We are all here to try and help. It is a learning curve to fly one of these things proficiently.

Tom

xgeek said:
N017RW said:

You can lengthen the sticks on the DJI TX.

I read this post and looked at the picture but didn't see anything different on the sticks. Then, thinking about it a little more while looking at the Phantom transmitter, it dawned that the stick knobs can be unscrewed to lengthen them. There are two "nuts" on each stick which allow them to be locked together. What a "duh" moment. :mrgreen:

In the photo I posted the left stick is at max length and the right stick is normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31