Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Smooth yaw?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Chris Vedeler, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Chris Vedeler

I'm seriously challenged at getting a really smooth yaw from my P3P. Even with my best attempts at being smooth and easy it seems to surge as I rotate. I have set the Expo to 0.30 but it still isn't as smooth as I would like.

Any advice?

2. ScottyT

Lengthen your sticks?

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Chris Vedeler, practice is really the only thing that will lead to the ability to yaw smoothly. You can do something like this to help you hold the stick in place:

5. envisionabove

These came in this week, going out this morning for a 4 batt shoot will report back.
    They do feel more in control for my fingers, but again I have not flown yet.

Update if your still following.. I just had it up for a little at home and big difference in control for my fingers size 11 glove hands.

http://aerial.bestemusa.com/Phantom...-Phantom-123-Inspire-1-controllers-_p_22.html

10 bucks

knobs.jpg

PhantomKnob -Precision control knob for DJI drone controllers (all models). These injection-molded silicone knobs will greatly improve control precision and reduce hand fatigue. This set features "P3 Pro" design. Printed in Metallic Gold ink. Set of 2.

#5 envisionabove, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  6. Chris Vedeler

Awesome ideas! I had no idea I could lengthen my sticks, I'll try that. I need a lot more practice too. It just seems that all the other directions are much easier to control and do not result in jerky movements.

7. wotblake

I have the same issue. I really wish I could let the Phantom hover and hit something in the app to do a slow and controlled 360 degree yaw.

TheWire and Chris Vedeler like this.