Smooth Safe Landing - P4

Reaction score
A few have been complaining of unstable landings, wobbles and twitches making them feel nervous on landing.
What ive found is people are bringing the P4 down with the left stick coming to a slow before touch down but still have the left throttle stick in the down position and then holding it full down until rotor shutdown.

Due to the VPS and system sensors in the P4 the smoothest way is:
Bring it down with left stick, then to a slow touch down, then let the left stick go to center making the motors slow and stable and then full down till rotors stop..

Hope this helps...

Reactions: AVIWRAPS
I've never had any problem landing. I reduce the throttle until I touch down gently and then immediately drop and hold the stick. As a matter of fact, this is my third multirotor and I'm very impressed on how easy it is to land.

I'm guessing that perhaps some people are accidentally introducing yaw by inadvertently moving the stick slightly to the left or right as they touch the ground. The resulting twist could cause some bouncing.

Reactions: Sim597
The only time I land is indoors. Otherwise hand catch.

Reactions: grinch72
Agree with "jwt873" - it's very easy to accidently touch the sticks when landing.. Even the slightest touch will make the P4 move.
I personally think that the P4 is extremely stable when landing. With care I can easily land it exactly on the spot where I want it. - eg the p4s carry case top is a piece of cake.
My P3P is good but I couldn't ask for more stability than the P4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic