Smooth POI

Reaction score
Been doing a little testing to see if 3rd party apps can do a better job of POI than Go is doing.

Here is a video of a test / comparison using Airnest and Go.

Going to test Litchi next weekend. I wonder if the Inspire 1 has this behavior since it can pan 360 without a yaw.

I wonder if the Inspire 1 has this behavior since it can pan 360 without a yaw.
It does. But, spinning the camera 360 degrees is not the same thing as POI.

Interesting post. Thanks.

I have not used Airnest or the Go app to orbit an object. My app of choice is Litchi.

What I noticed was that your circle around the POI is not perfectly round. If the P3 flies that imperfect orbit then I can imagine the clunkyness could be caused by the P3 adjusting its distance to and from the POI, accommodating for the imperfections.

Litchi defines a perfect circle around the object. then you manually adjust the radius of the circle.

But, I am curious to see the results of your Litchi orbit testing.

Last edited:
I am running iOS and the current Litchi does not have Orbit so I will be making a circular waypoint mission for the Litchi test.

i like dji go poi
its smooth.

here is a test i did a couple months ago.

I think the go app orbit is pretty **** good. I like that you can pause it and not only that but you can manually fly the poi while it's paused for very fluid 180 back and forth swings as well as input sticks for speed and radius. Plus it flies the orbit continuously. What I don't like is having to set a center by flying over the poi. My next experiments with be doing a two point waypoint flight- one for gaining altitude and the next for poi center. Then I will save that if needed for future poi setup. The goal is to fly the waypoint mission at any time to re-center the bird on a poi. When it's hovering there I'll exit waypoints and enter poi, at which time I can just set the center where the bird is currently hovering. This will help me out to set up known poi's to fly at later times. I really hope dji adds the ability to name waypoints missions.

Reactions: chapsrlz
I've done some POI testing and compared Dji Go vs Litchi.
So far I think Dji Go is doing a better job - very smooth. ( unfortunately I've deleted the footage, so I can't show).

I will do a new test as soon as the temperature rises, but this time also with Autopilot.

I am going to run a test with Litchi on Sunday (it's raining here till then) and I will also do some more tests with GO and get a video up of it all Sunday night. I see lots of folks loving how well Go does POI but I see the same issues in their footage as I see in mine. Try this with Go: Set altitude around 60' and a 150' radius. Then speed up the footage and look at it. Then look at it at normal speed and you will see the issues I am looking at.

Reactions: NorthcountySD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4