Smooth Pan For Camera?

Reaction score
So i have a gopro/gimbal/fpv set up and was wondering if anyone had any tricks to get really smooth pans? if im really steady with my thumb, i can usually get it to pan smoothly for a few seconds. Is there a naza setting where i could reduce the sensitivity of the yaw so it could go smoothly??

It seems to pan better when moving, this is why its recommended to use ATTI to get the smoothest shots while drifting. Futaba radios can be programmed to change yaw settings but not the stock ones. Downside is Futabas cost more and have less range, depends what you're going for. I'd go for a H3-3D first!

mcmax20 said:
... Downside is Futabas cost more and have less range, depends what you're going for. I'd go for a H3-3D first!

I disagree on both accounts- A futaba will offer farther range (keep in mind the Rx in the Phantom is a futaba stripped down) more options, including the ability to link gimbal roll and pitch to yaw, elevator, in increments or percentages. A secondary aftermarket radio (not just Futaba) will also provide more channels in order to set up accessories if you upgrade the Rx to an 8-16 channel.

Radios provide more control, in a more precise and tunable manner, and on a lame aesthetic point... an aftermarket radio is just cooler looking- the stock controller is ugly to me.

As for the gimbal (HD-3D) those are overrated in that what can you do with it? The Phantom has 7/8 channels... so you can adjust pitch, but not roll on the fly. You cannot program the radio (internal mods can be done- but at what purpose? Keeping the aesthetic look- I already mentioned that)

So I say think some more... and maybe adjust flying habits and skill, and buy a prop balance and good props for the least investment, and a radio and Rx for future 3 axis gimbal (alexmos or similar- arris 3000) which you will have complete control over.

Hiway said:
mcmax20 said:
... an aftermarket radio is just cooler looking- the stock controller is ugly to me.

You said it!!! Trivial, I know, but for such a cool toy the stock radio seems like a piece of junk. At least some graphics on the radio and a different color would spice it up a bit. My Futaba 14SG is not only extremely functional and capable, it is also beautiful and properly does justice to the Phantom.

+1 to you both.

my Futaba 14SJ and ianwood's v4 model for it have done far more for my smooth flying than any 3-axis gimbal. And I am now consistently getting 3,000 meters range with stock receiver inside.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik