Smooth pan and tilt achieved!

Reaction score
I've modified my stock P2 controller to give me smooth Yaw and gimbal tilt and here is my first mini video using a non vision P2: http://vimeo.com/89436766 it's only 3 minutes but you can see the potential of the P2 as a video production tool :)

Cool! What kind of mods did you make to the controller?

I put a dual gang pot in circuit with the left controller to give a variable yaw rate from 20% to 100%. ( you need 100% to get the rotors to start up, then you can dial it down to 20% for the flight). I also put a 1k single gang linear pot plus fixed resistors in the gamble tilt circuit. Both controls are mounted on the front of my stock controller for ease of use. :)

Nice! I would love to do something similar. Would you happen to have part numbers for the items you installed?

I've always had such adoration and respect for the English gardening prowess... what a beautiful piece of property.

Thanks for the comments. I borrowed ideas for the Yaw rate modification from another forum user on here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=2990 then I modified and simplified his design a bit leaving out a bypass switch. I had to cut into the controller wiring loom, extend and re route the wires to a new dual gang potentiometer.

My tilt control mod was posted here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8399 a month or so back. I used different resistor values to other people. I went through a test and measure procedure with some old pots I had lying around ang came up with a combination of fixed resistors and a low value pot to give me 120 degrees of rotation. I thought this would be the most useful and easy to use in flight.

I'm ready now to start my personal projects. I'm off to Craco in Italy in 10 days time to do some film making in the abandoned town with a couple of actors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers