SMB & EXP Circuit Board Port Broke

Reaction score
I had a crash today and a prop broke which wasn't much problem but worse was the SMB & EXP ports on the circuit board broke off. I cannot get any GPS to work. I notice on the DJI VISION app it shows N/A for distance, altitude, and speed. The battery level is always 0% and it never registers any satellites. Wanted to know if this could be related to the SMB wire not being connected as I was considering replacing the entire circuit board? Would the SMB wire disconnected cause all this or would their likely be other broken parts?

I replaced the broken circuit board successfully and it flies okay in GPS mode but still basically the same problems within the android app where the battery and GPS signals don't register as both are 0. Also, the distance/ altitude is always N/A and I cannot control the tilt of the camera. The gimbal stabilization and the live camera feed works fine.

Does anybody know where the app gets the battery and gps signal as I really need that to work to monitor battery and gps levels during flight.

The telemetry data is sent via the camera cable and combined into the downlink signal of the camera transmitter. Your problem could be the cable or the connector in the camera.

I believe that info is transmitted by the camera. The info itself comes from the NAZA module I think. There are cables from the NAZA to the main board. There is a cable from the main board to the camera. I suspect the data travels through these cables to the camera. It's possible the camera is broke. Able to do the video but not relaying the data from the craft.

Are you seeing it lock in GPS mode compared to ATTI when flying?

Geo

GetaGrip said:
The telemetry data is sent via the camera cable and combined into the downlink signal of the camera transmitter. Your problem could be the cable or the connector in the camera.

I am still able to see the live feed on my phone app so if the cable that comes from the NAZA module was bad would it still transmit video to the app?

Geoelectro said:
I believe that info is transmitted by the camera. The info itself comes from the NAZA module I think. There are cables from the NAZA to the main board. There is a cable from the main board to the camera. I suspect the data travels through these cables to the camera. It's possible the camera is broke. Able to do the video but not relaying the data from the craft.

Are you seeing it lock in GPS mode compared to ATTI when flying?

Geo

When it crashed into the ground from a tree collision at about 30 foot it impacted just above the battery and knocked the battery out and the camera separated at the vibration absorbers. It damaged the circuit board at that spot per my previous posts. I looked inside the camera today and it doesn't appear to be damaged inside or on the camera enclosure. Both cables were still attached after impact so I wondering if the connectors were pulled hard but they don't appear to be damaged.

The video does relay to the phone app just fine but just no telemetry.

It's staying locked in GPS mode.

FIXED!

I replaced the cable that goes to the camera from the NAZA module and it didn't resolve the problem. I changed back to the original cable.

I then replaced the white cable that goes from the CAM port on the circuit board to the camera plug and this fixed the problem. All data being reported in the app and tilt control in the app has returned. I think since the circuit board took such a hit on this side that it damaged the ports and also the connectors.

Thanks for the help.

Phantom Vision Camera Lost Power during preflight check

FIXED ...
Iphone screen Phantom lost video connection. During troubleshooting process checked back of camera and noticed LED on camera would not power up.
The copter hadn't crashed ... and camera had powered up briefly during pre flight check then LED turned off.
Solution ... checked continuity on the wires in the white cable that plugs into the back of the camera and the circuit board.
All wires had continuity except for the RED wire. Replaced the white cable and all is well now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4