Smashed camera and gimbal

Reaction score
Hi. Crashed my P3 into trees and camera completely detached from unit. Cable also detached. Have been told must purchase new camera/gimbal since arm cannot be repaired $550. Can you purchase arm and new cable and repair at a fraction of the cost ???
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446403330.500450.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446403354.734764.jpg

Those replacement parts are available:
If you're not comfortable with attempting this repair yourself, then contact Hani. He has repaired countless P3 gimbals/cameras.

Thanks. I am in Australia however. Do you know if it is easy to do yourself ?

I believe Hani fixes Phantoms for people worldwide. As far as fixing it yourself, it depends on what's wrong and how skilled you are at fixing electronics and/or troubleshooting Phantom issues.

There is a guy who makes 3D printed parts to fix it. Look it up. It's about $70.

For the price difference though, it's a no-brainer to go with the aluminum yaw arm. Aluminum is much stronger than a 3D printed part.

I did the same to my camera , I have ordered a yaw arm and roller arm kit comes with ribbon cable aswell, it cost me $128 including delivery from California , I'm going to have a crack at doing it, there's also a 23 minute video on YouTube on how to do it cheers Lee

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cheaper then 700-900 dollars for a new gimbal and camera

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

For a $550 hit to replace/repair the gimbal; and camera, just buy a new P3S and use the old one for parts.

DJI has brand new P3Ss for $499 and B&H Photo has open box returns for $369

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik