Smartphone, tablet, Apple or Android

I use the iPad mini 4 with cellular. For me it's size, great screen with anti glare similar to the iPad Air 2, and performance are a great compromise.
If I want to plan a route for Litchi or Autopilot I do that on a larger screen and then import into the mini.
I don't think Autopilot is available for Android and as that is my favourite app for me it's the way to go.

Wow thank you all for the advice. Owning a Macbook Pro laptop you would think I would have an iPhone, but while Apple computers blow away Windows machines, I find the Samsung S6 phone far superior to any iPhone in many aspects, photo quality, screen brightness, functionality, etc. Whatever tablet I end up with will be dedicated to flying so all I need is a bright screen and smooth running compatibility with the DJI app, now what is this Litchi? It's it supported by DJI?
Wow. If you think Apple computers "blow away" Windows machines, you can't be helped.

:) hehe, that's the reaction that I'm use to seeing :) Honestly I was just trolling for trouble and was feeling like seeing the old war back in action. I love my Nvidia Shield and after picking up the Ellipsis for $100.00, I can honestly say that I haven't seen a better tablet for $100 bucks with data and GPS. I love the Ellipsis and you can all see how the color and screen looks from my video and honestly it looks way better then my wife's iPad Air 2 Gold Edition. We didn't buy the Ellipsis because we needed it, we bought it because it had everything and was just $100 bucks. The apple lover's will always tell you how they have the best product money can buy and I still look at the facts and can easily see that for less than ¼ of the price of an Air 2, I can have an Android system that works great and has Data and GPS built in for no extra charge. Plus it has the strongest Data antenna that we own in a tablet, which was a nice surprise.

Then you have a defective iPad. The Ellipsis 10 gets horrible ratings from people that own it all over the place. But hey, whatever works for ya, I just don't like dedicated devices. I prefer to buy one tablet that does everything I want to do. And once you are there, I sure don't would not want a tablet that will never see an OS upgrade. That's a waste of $100 in my opinion. But hey, glad you enjoy it. I just hate the trolling. It's counterproductive and adds nothing to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just hate the trolling. It's counterproductive and adds nothing to the forum.Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Well I was having fun and look at all of your great commentary that you added because I poked you in the side a bit and got you started :) hehe. Yours was the exact reaction that made me laugh so hard, it was perfectly placed for just the right person :) lol... I think the people who gave it bad reviews probably paid the $400.00 they wanted for it when it came out. It's a good tablet that works just as good as my Nvidia Shield and it's a 10" so it still fits in the stock DJI P3 tablet mount when it's fully extended. The system itself even with lollipop is fine. Then because it has the best signal of anything we own, we use the Ellipsis as our hotspot for the rest of our tablets and phone... And now we can call it an Applellipsis
Verizon Ellipsis 10 | Verizon Wireless

dfg.jpg

using the Nexus 7 II , its very stable but the screen glare is terrible...

Anyone use a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition or a Note 5? Hows the resolution/etc with lightbridge?

So all this war over who is best, when all the guy wants to know is what works. Can we just say which items work well and the cost then let the INDIVIDUAL decide without the bully boy stuff, mine better than yours. Can we not have a simple you can use this but its downsides are xyz or you can use this but it costs 10 times as much but it doesn't do any more than the cheap one when you are using your drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm agnostic. I prefer Android phones (my LG-G5 Rocks) but an iPad Air 2 for flying. Only iOS supports 2x zoom in the GO app, and that's the bees knees for inspections and hunting SAR.

So all this war over who is best, when all the guy wants to know is what works. Can we just say which items work well and the cost then let the INDIVIDUAL decide without the bully boy stuff, mine better than yours. Can we not have a simple you can use this but its downsides are xyz or you can use this but it costs 10 times as much but it doesn't do any more than the cheap one when you are using your drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Actually, the OP asked whether he should go Android or Apple.

Yup :) Sorry DC, we've been there on the Android zoom also. Not in the app but built into the tablet so the app doesn't need it :)
There's a difference, which you may have not experienced. The DJI zoom is lossless in resolution when zooming while shooting 1080. The Android device zoom loses resolution, it has pixel loss, the typical digital zoom. Those that haven't actually seen the zoom quality in the iOS GO app ASSUME is the typical digital zoom technology that sacrifices clarity, making pixels larger. Those skeptics need to see it first before jumping to conclusions. It actually works quite nice while flying, seeing things close up 2X while flying, very clear.

There's a difference, which you may have not experienced. The DJI zoom is lossless in resolution when zooming while shooting 1080. The Android device zoom loses resolution, it has pixel loss, the typical digital zoom. Those that haven't actually seen the zoom quality in the iOS GO app ASSUME is the typical digital zoom technology that sacrifices clarity, making pixels larger. Those skeptics need to see it first before jumping to conclusions. It actually works quite nice while flying, seeing things close up 2X while flying, very clear.
Sorry John but you're blowing smoke - Or anyway I respectfully disagree...
Being that there is no actual zoom built into the lens, this means that the Apple/ DJI zoom can only be digital as well... Hello¿o. So there is loss but you're just not seeing it because both brands of tablets also are programmed to smooth the lines. Nobody is jumping to conclusions, I'm just stating the facts. You don't see any pixelation at 2x on either system... But you will see some pixelation when zoomed in all the way on the Android system because it is around 8x at full magnification. Still android does real good at smoothing the lines at +8x. 2x in my video is at the beginning of the zoom process because the Android zoom after initialized starts out at 2x and you can see there that no additional pixelation can be seen. Once again, I am just trying to clarify the facts. The DJI zoom can Only be digital...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj