Smartphone Sunshade Magnifier

Thank you for replying. Pity because even though it is a 7" tablet it is still hard to see the battery and sattelite data ESPECIALLY when outside in the sun. I need a sunshade of some sort for it !!

Milton Amaya said:
loquacious said:
Hi

I am using a Google Nexus 7 tablet, do you have a Sunshade Magnifier for this model?

Sorry! i do not.

Best,
Milton

loquacious said:
Thank you for replying. Pity because even though it is a 7" tablet it is still hard to see the battery and sattelite data ESPECIALLY when outside in the sun. I need a sunshade of some sort for it !!

Milton Amaya said:
loquacious said:
Hi

I am using a Google Nexus 7 tablet, do you have a Sunshade Magnifier for this model?

Sorry! i do not.

Best,
Milton

Try this home made solution, instead.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PH9nuiPBY

cavaleiro01 said:
Try this home made solution, instead.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PH9nuiPBY

lol nice helmet, i been working on something simular but in a smaller scale of corse, the firts prototype i made has the smartphone at a 7 inch distance from the eyes, i am using a 4 times magnification to acheive that but i am still working on it, my goal is to have the smartphone at 4 inches distance from the eyes, stay tune more to come.

I am also working on iPads SunShades and posibly for the Galaxy tablet too but this is down the road, in the back of the burnner.

Attachments

• 4-14-2014 7-18-22 AM.jpg
    4-14-2014 7-18-22 AM.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 553
  • 4-14-2014 7-19-00 AM.jpg
    4-14-2014 7-19-00 AM.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 597
  • helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 535
A LOT of Pilots are using a Nexus 7 for FPV as it is thin and light, as well as inexpensive (got mine for $99) and works well. I use a fabric sunshade I purchased off of Ebay but would much rather have a custom one with magnifier, you might consider making one to fit the Nexus 7.

gunslinger said:

Thank you for sharing that!, this is the firt time i see this, it is simular to what i offered, my ideas has access to the Smartphone touchscreen and the maginifier flips over to get away if you needed to, FYI: i used my in the airplane to watch movies the magnifying Glass is "4 times magnification" so if you bring it to your faces the image it looks like you are watching on a 72 inch big screen, i could not see if the "iPhone Movie Screen Magnifier" it is for sale yet, it looks like is just a concept drawing.

Once again thank you.

Milton Amaya said:
tomwato said:
iPod touch 5?

I have the iPhone 4-5 that will work but will be a little lose if that is ok ?

How loose are we talking? Definitely like your product. Don't want it to be annoying to use though.

tomwato said:
Milton Amaya said:
tomwato said:
iPod touch 5?

I have the iPhone 4-5 that will work but will be a little lose if that is ok ?

How loose are we talking? Definitely like your product. Don't want it to be annoying to use though.

I can make an exception for you, if you want one to fit perfect i can do one ipod 5 for you, just let me know so i can set up a ebay buy it now for you?

Amaya, I received my shade magnifier today. I'm very impressed with the build quality. Can't wait to try it out, but that may take a few days as rain is incoming here in the Northwest. Thanks for the great product.

wildwoodpugh said:
Amaya, I received my shade magnifier today. I'm very impressed with the build quality. Can't wait to try it out, but that may take a few days as rain is incoming here in the Northwest. Thanks for the great product.

Please review this product for us if you get a chance. I think a lot of us are interested in it. We just need a guinea pig... :D

-slinger

Slinger, I'll be glad to do a review of this product. It may take a few days, as we are getting rain in Western Washington. I did order a second phone holder but I won't wait for that to arrive to do the review.

Please include the weight of the unit with and without the magnifying extension. Based on the videos, it "looks" heavy for its intended purpose, especially with the magnifying attachment. Good for durability, bad for portability. In needs to function as a sun shade, so density isn't as important as weight (for me).

I received my sunshade/magnifier yesterday afternoon and used it right away. Man, this thing is GREAT! I wear contacts and need reading glasses for close up and the magnifier eliminates the need for the glasses. Even my son, who is hyper-critical about most things, was impressed. This is a must have for anyone with presbyopia. I will add that the second phone holder is really needed and I have ordered one too. A really great idea that beats my cereal box cardboard sunshade and walmart readers!

bump

Petereesha said:
I received my sunshade/magnifier yesterday afternoon and used it right away. Man, this thing is GREAT! I wear contacts and need reading glasses for close up and the magnifier eliminates the need for the glasses. Even my son, who is hyper-critical about most things, was impressed. This is a must have for anyone with presbyopia. I will add that the second phone holder is really needed and I have ordered one too. A really great idea that beats my cereal box cardboard sunshade and walmart readers!

Second phone holder really needed? Why?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik