Smartphone holder ? Phantom Vision 2.

Reaction score
Anyone know of,or rigged up a holder for a 7" tablet decice? Mine is just a tad too wide for the clip , it can be forced in , not good as it's very close to breaking the clip , and if you do push your luck with it, it will soon ping out and go ballistic ! The tab is great for screen size and image quality ,plus I don't need the expense of another tab on top of the Phanom.....

Fatbloke-Dim said:
Anyone know of,or rigged up a holder for a 7" tablet decice? Mine is just a tad too wide for the clip , it can be forced in , not good as it's very close to breaking the clip , and if you do push your luck with it, it will soon ping out and go ballistic ! The tab is great for screen size and image quality ,plus I don't need the expense of another tab on top of the Phanom.....

There is a post I saw with a great solution. Imagine two S shaped pieces of plastic. One end grips in the jaw of the clip. The other grips the edge of the device thus widening the grip. I think someone 3d printed them. You could make them out of bendable metal.

Hmmmmm.....
Sounds like that could work. Got some sheet ally someplace that'do it. Extend the jaws with detachable extensions, should work. Will post up how things go. Thanx for the clue !

A self-standing solution

Tripod + camera quick shoe + Gorilla monopod with suction cup + Lenovo 7" tablet

Attachments

• P2V-stand-1.jpg
    P2V-stand-1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 716
  • P2V-stand-2.jpg
    P2V-stand-2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 747
Looks like the suction cup would work , but would like the mount on the tranny , I have heaps of spare tripods ,but don't really want to cart around more gear than necessary . I will take the best bits of advice offered and mix 'n' match . It's just that I have an innate talent for missing the obvious ! Age , or somethin' !!

AnselA....

Don't know where you are located, but check your local Amazon site, I found the exact same Charger City item on the U.K. site, delivery in 3 to 5 days, £13.50 . Result !!! So that's me fixed right up.

AnselA.....
Yes, that is the one! The 1/4-20 bit is only used to mount the holder on a photographic tripod , you will.not need it to mount to your transmitter. Mine was ordered T Thursday night, arrived Saturday morning and works great , it mounts right on the DJI ball of the transmitter mounting arm . I can recommend this item, although it would have been nice. to have the option to mount a larger tablet "right out of the box" , but still, thanx to the O.P. who posted the link , I am now fixed right up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers