Smart return vs RTH

Does hitting rth from TX works every time even if lost signal with aircraft
No. But, when the remote controller signal is lost for 3 seconds, RTH is automatically initiated.

And how rth works in atti mode? Is it accurate and does it drift away
It works exactly like it does in P-mode.

But that if smart return is enabled right
If smart return not enabled when p4 lost signal it would not return until we hit rth on TX

That's what I understand correct me if km wrong please
Phantom will return to home if signal is lost regardless of what you set. Smart return will allow user to control the aircraft during RTH.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What happen if smart return is turned off
Does hitting rth from TX works every time even if lost signal with aircraft

And how rth works in atti mode? Is it accurate and does it drift away
RTH can be triggered by initiating from controller and will be triggered automatically if signal is lost regardless of mode. Accuracy depend on GPS signal. In Atti mode, the phantom still gather its own GPS location. However, it won't lock its location and allow user to freely control it.

RTH can be triggered by initiating from controller and will be triggered automatically if signal is lost regardless of mode. Accuracy depend on GPS signal. In Atti mode, the phantom still gather its own GPS location. However, it won't lock its location and allow user to freely control it.

What do you mean "In Atti mode, the phantom still gather its own GPS location", can you explain it please?

No. But, when the remote controller signal is lost for 3 seconds, RTH is automatically initiated.

It works exactly like it does in P-mode.
How could that be without GPS? Is it because it's already cached and on a RTH it's using cached map info?

How could that be without GPS?
When flying in ATTI mode, your Phantom still has access to GPS -- and, it'll use it to return home. The only time it cannot use the GPS data is when your Phantom is connected to less than 6 satellites.

When flying in ATTI mode, your Phantom still has access to GPS -- and, it'll use it to return home. The only time it cannot use the GPS data is when your Phantom is connected to less than 6 satellites.
I suppose that makes sense. I guess in the eventuality where you don't have GPS, you would switch to ATTI mode where it would only use the barometer but for some reason, I always had in my head that if you are in ATTI mode, you are essentially leaving GPS mode but what you're saying makes sense. Why would it not use info that is available? Thx.

Why would it not use info that is available?
You'd have to ask the DJI engineers to be certain. I think it's because the data is not as reliable though.

You'd have to ask the DJI engineers to be certain. I think it's because the data is not as reliable though.
I was asking the question rhetorically as in agreeing with you that it would make sense for the Phantom to use the GPS sats when they are available although I always thought for some reason that it was completely manual in ATTI.

I suppose that makes sense. I guess in the eventuality where you don't have GPS, you would switch to ATTI mode where it would only use the barometer but for some reason, I always had in my head that if you are in ATTI mode, you are essentially leaving GPS mode but what you're saying makes sense. Why would it not use info that is available? Thx.
I think ATTI mode takes better video if it is not too windy. It will continue to glide instead of braking when you put the control stick back to neutral which makes video look smooth. Also ATTI mode fly faster. If you initiate RTH and your battery is running low, change it to ATTI mode will make the phantom fly much faster.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4