Smart return battery has been super under estimating lately.

Reaction score
This is just something I noticed on my last few flights, maybe it has been this way since the last update of the app or firmware, I do not know exactly. But...the smart return home battery meter seems to be way off. I used to be able to fly out across the mountains over two miles before the return home low battery warning popped up, now it does it way under two miles. The weird thing is if I cancel the smart return and keep going, the "H" moves away from the timer back into the green and it indicates that I have even more time to fly. I could fly another half of a mile or so and I wont get the warning again for some time. Then when I do turn and come back, I will have 45-50% battery left.
This is flying out in a straight line.
It is not very smart or accurate at all.
I tested it today and flew out just under two miles and got the low battery warning, I canceled it and flew back on my own. When I landed I had 49% battery left. No headwind or tailwind.
Maybe I am missing something.

This is just something I noticed on my last few flights, maybe it has been this way since the last update of the app or firmware, I do not know exactly. But...the smart return home battery meter seems to be way off. I used to be able to fly out across the mountains over two miles before the return home low battery warning popped up, now it does it way under two miles. The weird thing is if I cancel the smart return and keep going, the "H" moves away from the timer back into the green and it indicates that I have even more time to fly. I could fly another half of a mile or so and I wont get the warning again for some time. Then when I do turn and come back, I will have 45-50% battery left.
This is flying out in a straight line.
It is not very smart or accurate at all.
I tested it today and flew out just under two miles and got the low battery warning, I canceled it and flew back on my own. When I landed I had 49% battery left. No headwind or tailwind.
Maybe I am missing something.
What firmware are you on, is it 1.9??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik