Smart Battery Issue

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to this group and the hobby... I just got my phantom 3 pro the other day with an extra battery and, long story short, one of my batteries will not boot up when installed in the drone. I was able to fully charge it yesterday (1st charge) and when I placed it in the drone today it would not start up. Upon hooking this battery back up to the charger, I get a 1-2-3-4 sequence of green LEDs followed by the red power light (see what I mean in the video link here:
)

Is my battery defective? Any suggestions? Thank you!

Questions for you:
1. When the battery is put in the drone, how do you turn it on?
2. When it's not connected to the charger or the drone, how many solid lights do you get when you press the power button once?
3. And if you press and hold the power button for 5 secs, how many solid lights do you get?

Reactions: Zotmurse
To turn in on while in the Phantom you press it once quick, then again and hold for a bit until it turns on.

1. I press it once and then press it again for 2 seconds
2. 4 solid lights
3. When I hold it for 5 seconds I get 4 solid green lights and then the red power flashes a few times

So, I decided to try placing my battery in the drone and turning it on again... IT WORKED! I had the new firmware on my SD card as well and it looked like it updated the battery. I haven't connected to DJI GO app to it yet so I'm not sure that it's fully functional again, but I'll check it out later today. At least I'm able to turn it on...that's promising

Good to hear. Based on your answers, I don't see anything wrong with your battery; it's fully charged and battery life is 90-100%. The reason you see the behavior in your video might be because your battery is more than 95% full. In order to top it off, you need to turn it on first then put in the charger. I'll have to check on my battery to see it does the same thing since I have not done it.

Reactions: Zotmurse

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj