Small Town Airport

People who disregard the rules will eventually ruin it for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

People who disregard the rules will eventually ruin it for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I reached out to the pilot and gave him my YouTube channel. Asked that he look and see if there is anything I need to be aware of. Told him I wanted to learn and make sure I am observing all laws, regulations, niceties, etc.

Reactions: cfd701
Interesting day. I've gotten the email from the local airport. Talked to the Naval base that flies planes over the area. Got permission to fly but need to let them know each time I go up. Location, altitude, etc. Then when I land. Started talking to this local pilot on FB. Turns out he flies for the Coast Guard. Gave me a few pointers and and clued me into what he sees from his side of things.

Reactions: CThruU and cfd701
I flew in Clarksville today. The the Dji app told me I was in restricted airspace. So before we launched I called Cambell control tower, they sent me over to there control center. The guy I talked with was super, ask my name and a number to contact me, where I was flying, how high, and when I would be in the air. He said that if I planned to fly in this space I would need to contact them each time and not to expect to get an ok if they had activity in the area.

I have a similar situation with a local small town airport in Oregon without a tower. I called the State aviation department to ask about how to handle this and they said I should call whoever facilitates the local plane activity so they could let the pilots using the airport know that there was drone traffic nearby and to keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

While you're "technically" correct it needs to be stated that the airport operation CAN deny you from flying if they have a valid reason. If you call to "notify" and they say "No can do" then you are denied access period. Our "right" to fly our toys (and I despise calling it a right) does not over ride manned aircraft's rights to safe flights and everyone going home safely to their loved ones at the end of the day.

Correct, You're not asking for permission; you're coordinating safe flight for all parties and unmanned aircraft do NOT have the right of way.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20