Small question about battery cells

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have recently uploaded all my flight data to Healthy Drones and have had an interesting time browsing my flight logs.
One thing that worries me slightly is a reading on the battery cells page. The one with four clocks.
On virtually all of my flights Cell 1 gives a clock reading anywhere between 24 - 28 whilst the remaining three cells hover at 2 or below.
The green bar at the bottom of the screen states "all good" although I'm not sure if this works on an average.
The bird/battery has barely a dozen normal flights under its belt. Are these readings any cause for concern, and if not, when would it be?

Thanks

I have 3 batteries and first two show very similar to yours and i understand this is normal and all 'in the green'

3rd battery showed much higher minor deviation on cell1 over 50 on 2nd flight and all flights were over 33 it still flew fine though.

I'd say just keep an eye on it.

Be careful with healthydrones.com. They do not explain how they draw their conclusions and much of their analysis is suspect. It would be a very good idea to understand how your battery works and why balance voltage is important.

If I was you, I would get your fully charged batteries and get out into a big open space. Then you can do some real field testing. Try ascending at full throttle with the battery indicator screen open and look to see which - if any - of the cells voltages' drop into the orange or red zones. You can repeat as often as you like, and it will be interesting to see that as the voltage drops as the battery becomes depleted, it will be much easier to drop into the red zone.

It's an easy test to undertake and IMHO, well worth the effort. That will be a much better test than the healthy drones report, I don't hold a lot of stock in the HD report, as it invariably seems to give a warning about one cell or another, but with little or no explanation as to why.

A small but good question. I too have the same issue showing on my (one) battery on HD.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic