Small, light, sleek and reliable

Reaction score
If cost were not a consideration (well it is, but...), what components would you buy?

Flying with goggles sounds like fun (and I will get them once 1080p wrap-around view is the norm), but my primary need today is FPV for video production. The farthest away the quad will ever fly is about 300 ft (~100 meters).

Looking at an ImmersionRC 600mw Tx (if I can find it in stock somewhere), Black Pearl Rx/monitor, cloverleaf antennas of some sort and an iOSD mini. Mounting most everything to the Phantom internally is appealing (if possible) as well as keeping the total weight down. Plan to continue using the stock Tx if possible.

What system out there comes closest to meeting my particular criteria? Please feel free to tweak my wish list (and add anything I may have left out).

Ah, the Lilliput looks interesting. Now on my short list. Thanks for sharing!

you still need better antennas than just the crappy sticks that will come with the Tx and Rx. I can vouch for FPVLR.com antennas they are amazing. Since you're staying short range you don't need a long range helix style antenna but some good omnidirectional pinwheels are essential.

I personally went the Boscam route (as opposed to the FatShark/ImmersionRC equipment) and am super happy, rock solid performance with a TS352 and RX-LCD5802 and my antennas.

this video will show you what's involved in mounting everything internally as you described also

Thanks for your input, QYV!

The Immersion Tx seems to be out of stock everywhere unless willing to pay over $100. Anyone ever hear of dpcav.com? Claim to have it in stock at $70 but can find no reviews on them. Actually, I will try my local hobby shop in the morning.

beeline said:
Thanks for your input, QYV!

The Immersion Tx seems to be out of stock everywhere unless willing to pay over $100. Anyone ever hear of dpcav.com? Claim to have it in stock at $70 but can find no reviews on them. Actually, I will try my local hobby shop in the morning.

getfpv.com has them in stock right now for $70, I can recommend them as a safe dealer: http://www.getfpv.com/5-8ghz-600mw-video-tx.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers